Marc Bartra

God Serena

Mathieu was better player last year and he still posses more height and speed than Bartra .Lucho isn't a stubborn type of coach but he doesn't change his mind quickly either
If Mathieu continued to play like that he will lose his place for Barta .Vermaelen when healthy (which is rare)would play over both

In what universe is Lucho not stubborn? Every single thing about him matches the characteristics of a person who is stubborn. I'm really hope that's just a typo.

God Serena

No it isn't a typo . Lucho has always fixed most of his mistakes .

He refused to revise his coaching style until the Anoeta disaster. It was very clear in October that drastic changes needed to be made to the team but we still used the same XI for most games and used Messi as false-9 until Alba headed the club into disaster. A firing here, a resignation there, with a helping of rebellious Messi on the side, and then Lucho's mistakes were finally fixed. He also wouldn't even tell his own players if they were playing and where until right before the game started because he was afraid of leaks. And do I need to mention the AS Roma disaster?

I could go on but seriously, Lucho is probably the most stubborn son of a bitch I've ever seen.

Barcafan 2304

We have arrived at a crossroads and lucho has to make a decision, stop tinkering and go with it. Give pique and bartra a run together for the next few games and show patience with them

serghei

I agree. Mathieu looks done for me at Barcelona in top games. The only way he should start again in a tough game is if we have injuries and suspensions, in which case, starting him won't be a decision, but a forced situation.

I like some of Lucho's decisions, but him insisting with Mathieu is a bad judgment call, and what's worst is that he makes that mistake over and over again. He needs to stop doing that. He is very good at some things and very bad at others. And in top games, the bad parts are more often exposed, than the good ones.

Last edited:

God Serena

Lol, so after doing the rounds, we're back at Bartra.

I thought we had written him off already?

That was before we realized that as bad as Bartra was early on, everyone else is worse, lol. Mascherano and Mathieu haven't had a good game yet.

BBZ8800

I hate when we are losing.
Not only because of lost points, but because of silly posts.

The more we lose and the more horrible we play, people start to "look" for more and more desperate solutions.
So, it is easy to spot the correlation between:
1. bad results/bad plays of our first team
2. and more and more posts like:
-- we should play Bartra, he is awesome
-- we should bring back Tello, he would save us now
-- we should bring back Deulo, he would be a key player right now
-- we should bring back Halilovic, he is sooo ready for big things after 180 minutes on loan
-- we should bring back Adama, you know why
-- and more and more desperate random names from players from random teams all over the world. "Any" of them would save us...

They wouldn't.
Our current players are still the best, and better than guys mentioned above.
But they lack some motivation, concentration, some luck, and they are crippled with injuries and with Messi's absence.

Barcafan 2304

I hate when we are losing.
Not only because of lost points, but because of silly posts.

The more we lose and the more horrible we play, people start to "look" for more and more desperate solutions.
So, it is easy to spot the correlation between:
1. bad results/bad plays of our first team
2. and more and more posts like:
-- we should play Bartra, he is awesome
-- we should bring back Tello, he would save us now
-- we should bring back Deulo, he would be a key player right now
-- we should bring back Halilovic, he is sooo ready for big things after 180 minutes on loan
-- we should bring back Adama, you know why
-- and more and more desperate random names from players from random teams all over the world. "Any" of them would save us...

They wouldn't.
Our current players are still the best, and better than guys mentioned above.
But they lack some motivation, concentration, some luck, and they are crippled with injuries and with Messi's absence.

Good post actually and very well put. We are guilty of posting after a defeat while in the heat of the moment and I hold my hand up to that to but yeah, some excellent points there and sobering analysis. Like it

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
This guy needs to play when he comes back from the national team. Masche needs rest imo, Mathieu should see the bench and Bartra deserves to start.

xXKonan

Played very well Tonight. Seems like he's finally got in the grove again and stopped making those Stupid mistakes like he did during Pre Season.

Home of Barca Fans