Marc Bartra

raki

Bartra's buyout fee hasn't dropped. It's 25M, would become 12M if he plays less than 50 games in 2 seasons, but already played 54. [md]

FYq7M_gif_2520_medium.gif

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 26 min

Bartra's buyout fee would still drop to 12M because game only counts when 60+ minutes played. Won't reach 50. [rac1]

Thiago stuff all over again :(

He was the 4th option this season with Vermaelen injured. With him fit again next season will Bartra stay?
It´s a major doubt for me. They dont ask for these clauses for nothing.

Thiago departure hurt a lot more before he is a great player. He wasn´t back then but with Pep he has evolved.

Last edited:

raki

There are no guarantees due to how inept this board has been and the atmosphere they have created at the club by devaluing the cantera...Bartra has said all the right things you'd hope to hear but the reality is that many of his teammates from the youth sides are all either transferred or looking to move on due to lack of minutes or being counted on by the club

Let's also not forget that Bartra & his agent agreed to this sort of clause for all the aforementioned reasons

He's Catalan and he's come through the academy but there are simply no guarantees...Mascherano & Piqué will continue to be picked at head of him in the lineup for the near future and assuming Vermaelen recovers, even less possible minutes than this season

In the end, the player can decide and part of this debacle is rooted in the de-emphasis of La Masia and a point I touched on several years earlier...It's no longer the Guardiola/Laporta era where the club was focused on building a team from within...Now players are loaned, transferred or simply shuttled from one club to another

We spent more than 100M in wrong players in that "golden era"...The 2 brazilians+Ibra+Caceres+Hleb+Grinsky...Should i go on?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think he will leave, even if some club puts 12m cash on the table. Pique is not leaving but Masch and Mathieu are getting old and Vermaelen is really an unknown factor. The future belongs to Bartra.

We really need a sporting director to replace Zubi, badly to handle all the player contracts and stuff. Braida sounds more like our scout for the Serie A only for me.

JamDav1982

There are no guarantees due to how inept this board has been and the atmosphere they have created at the club by devaluing the cantera...Bartra has said all the right things you'd hope to hear but the reality is that many of his teammates from the youth sides are all either transferred or looking to move on due to lack of minutes or being counted on by the club

Let's also not forget that Bartra & his agent agreed to this sort of clause for all the aforementioned reasons

He's Catalan and he's come through the academy but there are simply no guarantees...Mascherano & Piqué will continue to be picked at head of him in the lineup for the near future and assuming Vermaelen recovers, even less possible minutes than this season

In the end, the player can decide and part of this debacle is rooted in the de-emphasis of La Masia and a point I touched on several years earlier...It's no longer the Guardiola/Laporta era where the club was focused on building a team from within...Now players are loaned, transferred or simply shuttled from one club to another

There hasnt been a 'demphasis on La Masia'. You were wromg then and are wrong now.

The past few years have been the highest ever for La Masia players in the Barcelona first team squad.

What hasnt been coming through since Messi is world class players that have broke into certain first team players. That is ten years ago and Messi was a unique case that wasnt produced through La Masia coaching anyway.

The last great batch world class Barcelona youngsters coming through La Masia was over ten years ago not from Pep/Laporta era.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We spent more than 100M in wrong players in that "golden era"...The 2 brazilians+Ibra+Caceres+Hleb+Grinsky...Should i go on?

Why bother going on if you fail to comprehend how no other club won more or did so in a more convincing fashion while integrating their own homegrown players

Kohe321

He had a great game up until he got elbowed in the eye and had to go off. You could also say this marked the turning point in the match for when we started to lose concentration.

Still, the positive to take away is that Bartra still impresses whenever he gets minutes.

Stric

There was a shot afterwards of him being frustrated because he had to be subbed off.

Yes, I agree. You can really pinpoint him coming off as the exact moment when the game took a turn for the worse. Not necessarily because he was no longer playing, but in general.

Richard.H

No joke, I'm quite disappointed he didn't start this match. Bartra is the perfect player to be a domestic cup CB. I guess Lucho wanted to seal this title with absolutely no risks taken.

Home of Barca Fans