Marc Bartra

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I just turned in for the last 3min and the commentator was saying he's the player that surprised him the most by an outstanding performance, and that he's earned his starting place for Spain's next game.

Will wait for some highlights but it looks like Marc did good :)

Antimadridista1

DEL BOSQUE en #AlPrimerToque "me alegro del gran partido del [MENTION=8305]Marc[/MENTION]Bartra"

DelBosque : "I'm happy with Bartra's great performance."

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So Bartra just confirmed his release clause is down on 12m.

He just said 'Let's see what happens'.

Last edited:

Stric

It seems like post-2012 Barca is just hellbent on losing talented youngsters. This shit needs to stop. This club and its recent phenomenal success is built on La Masia. You don't ever turn your back on that.

Kohe321

But like we talked about earlier in the thread, with Bartra in particular I really don't think it matters too much that the release clause is down to 12m. I'm fairly certain he wants to stay no matter what big wage offers might come his way from other leagues, he's just such a through and through culé that he won't leave Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But like we talked about earlier in the thread, with Bartra in particular I really don't think it matters too much that the release clause is down to 12m. I'm fairly certain he wants to stay no matter what big wage offers might come his way from other leagues, he's just such a through and through culé that he won't leave Barca.

He might be a Culé through and through, but even then he'll still think about his own career. Xavi absolutely loves this club, but even he almost left and was only stopped by his mom.

I think he'll really consider it if a very good offer for him comes.

People who didn't watch Spain tonight, I did, and Bartra was easily MOTM

What I like about him is that even when benched for a long time, when he plays he delivers in the very first match, whether with Spain or Barca.

And he got a heart reminiscent of Puyol's.

Suddenly we've gone from a defensive crisis a year ago to 4 -possibly 5 if Verminator avoids injuries - strong CBs.

i really don't wanna lose Bartra, but Lucho doesn't seem to prefer him. he didn't even play much in the first half of the season when Pique was having a howler.

ceefoo

He really should be our third CB. In terms of quality he is better than Mathieu and it's been a while since Vermaelen played consistently well, so I'd put him ahead of those two.

:study: I'd say for certain games where we are up against physical teams that like to put lots of crosses in, he would be more suited than Mascherano for those games as well.

Really hate to lose this guy. He deserves more playing time next season.

Make it happen Lucho!

F

Flavia

He might be a Culé through and through, but even then he'll still think about his own career. Xavi absolutely loves this club, but even he almost left and was only stopped by his mom.

Yeah... saying "let's see what happens" is also not a good indicator of things.

Btw, great avatar :lol:

Kohe321

Yeah he might, but that would really surprise me. I'm calm about this, can't see him leaving. We just won the treble, and my guess is that he's going to get more playingtime this coming season under Luchos rotations than what he did in this one. Some day his patience will be rewarded, I mean he's good enough to be a starter in most clubs, but currently Pique has owned the rights to be a starter by performing spectacularly. At the same time, Bartra has grown a lot this season too.

If it's truly his dream to be a starter here, then he doesn't have much reason to feel impatient either as he's only 24, and he needs time to get to the level required. Pique is 28 and almost exactly four years older than him, they both have their birthdays shortly after new years. Some day that position is his if he just remains patient and keeps working hard on improving.

JamDav1982

Its is tough for Bartra as Lucho doesnt see him as a better left CB than Mathieu or most likely Vermaelen.

We cant really say Lucho is wrong considering Barca just won the treble with an extremely happy squad over all.

The low buy out clause will only mean Barca might get a bit less money for him it wouldnt change his happiness or desire to leave.

ceefoo

.... he doesn't have much reason to feel impatient either as he's only 24, and he needs time to get to the level required. Pique is 28 and almost exactly four years older than him, they both have their birthdays shortly after new years.
24 is almost middle-aged in footballing terms. A twenty-four year-old should be commanding a starting place or at least be regular.

Pique had already established himself in the Barca team by the age of 22. Marc may be happy at his boyhood club collecting medals as a bit-part player, but before you know it he'll be the nearing twilight of his career with not many appearances to show for it. But on the bright side, at least he'll have plenty of medals. :hooray:

Stric

Defenders mature later than most players. Bartra can still grow into an outstanding player by the time he reaches a CB's peak years.

Antimadridista1

Basically I was not worried but now...
That's weird because yesterday he said "hay que tener paciencia" when onda cero journalists asked him about him succeeding at Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans