Marquinhos

Xavinho

Marquinhos, could've joined us several seasons ago when he was still at Roma, but instead he chose the Money and went to PSG. PSG don't give two shits about him constantly whining about wanting to leave due to lack of playing time, He's made his bed and he now must lay in it.

I don't think we ever made offer for him, and I highly doubt that in 2013 we would have wanted to pay more than the €31M that PSG paid for a then teenage CB like Marquinhos. And he didn't just choose money, but also living in a great city, and playing for a club with a great sporting project. I haven't seen any constant whining about wanting to leave from him either.

khaled_a_d

I don't think we ever made offer for him, and I highly doubt that in 2013 we would have wanted to pay more than the €31M that PSG paid for a then teenage CB like Marquinhos. And he didn't just choose money, but also living in a great city, and playing for a club with a great sporting project. I haven't seen any constant whining about wanting to leave from him either.

Mathieu buyout that year was 10M and Zubi wanted to sign him but we failed due to the fact we didn't have money after Neymar deal and yet people still believe in things like we spent that summer chasing T.Silva or that we made an offer for Marquinhos but he preferred PSG .smh

xXKonan

Well my post mostly came off as a rant (I don't like PSG).

But to make a more sensible post, I just don't get why were linked with him for the past couple of summers. at this point I pretty much Bin every Barca-Marquinhos rumor unless it's from someone like Romero who said we were willing to Pay 40 Million for him and that was it.

I guess what it comes down to it I guess it's a good thing we didn't spend a whole summer chasing a wild dream considering PSG have no reason to sell him especially to us. :lol:

F

Flavia

[tw]748867070473936898[/tw]

I bet rumors of him leaving psg will start again, if this is true.

xXKonan

[tw]748867070473936898[/tw]

I bet rumors of him leaving psg will start again, if this is true.
I could already see Sport Frothing at the mouth with this possibility.

The endless supply of Marquinhos "Hates PSG! and wants Barcelona!" on their front covers. I mean it was already a thing before we signed Umtiti, but it will be a lot worse.

Last edited:

Lutece FC

He signed a contract, he has no choice. If the club says no, he has no choice. Olympic Games are not a FIFA competition, he can't force the club which pay his salary.

xXKonan

Seems like his brother is trying to threaten PSG if they don't let him go to the Olympics.

[tw]751053832319299588[/tw]

[tw]751054489105432576[/tw]

Last edited:

Caramel

So this shit happens, after we alrdy bought a CB... Couldn't it have happened earlier smh

If he wasn't happy at PSG, with his lack of minutes and all then why sign an extension?

xXKonan

So this shit happens, after we alrdy bought a CB... Couldn't it have happened earlier smh

If he wasn't happy at PSG, with his lack of minutes and all then why sign an extension?
I think he signed the extension because he was probably reassured by Blanc or PSG's board that he will get a lot more game time. but as you can see he hasn't became a starter due to the presence of Luiz.

I think this season could be his chance for him to be a starter. He seems like a CB that Emery would like over someone like Luiz for example.

Trickykid

I'm glad it didn't. I'd rather have Umtiti than twice as expensive Marquinhos.

Howes

It's refreshing to go through a transfer window knowing Barcelona have already signed a centre back, and don't have to be linked to this guy

Home of Barca Fans