Marquinhos

Bertus

P$G in for Luiz too according to le10sport. Hoard all the Barca targets.

Le 10sport said things like "Rooney signed to psg!", they also announced "Ronaldo to Monaco"

And don't forget, they just posted that the PSG will sign Osvaldo for 30.000.000 euros :party1:

You really should not trust anything the 10sport is posting. They are famous for making up stories and scoops :hooray:

Last edited:

spark

Le 10sport said things like "Rooney signed to psg!", they also announced "Ronaldo to Monaco"

And don't forget, they just posted that the PSG will sign Osvaldo for 30.000.000 euros :party1:

You really should not trust anything the 10sport is posting. They are famous for making up stories and scoops :hooray:

Ok. So Do Psg have any other targets after Marquinhos and Digne?

Bertus

Ok. So Do Psg have any other targets after Marquinhos and Digne?

A midfielder. Laurent Blanc is pushing for Cabaye :puke: :(

An RB to replace VdW if he leaves to Inter or any other club.

And maybe a striker if Zlatan is leaving. We will know that later tonight or in the morning since Zlatan is currently meeting up with nasser to talk about his possible departure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern is the best team in the world right now. PSG should try to pry some players out of there since they have the money to buy the whole world.

Of course, money can't buy everything. And the French league won't automatically get better just because they have the likes of PSG and FC Monaco.

Newcomer

Thx to clubs like City, PSG and Monaco, who pay ridiculous transfer-prices/wages for players, and therefore make it impossible for their competitors to sign players at a normal (decent) price. You honestly can't claim that 35M for a 19-year old is a normal price. Or 64M for a player like Cavani. It's a sad thing when paying the release-clause for players seems to become the new trend.

The price for Thiago Silva was a reasonable price I think (I didn't know about the 7M bonus btw), the best CB in the world is worth that price; Marquinhos however...

Doesn't matter what the situation was like before. The fact is that the FFP is in effect now, and that the clubs should respect the rules. Apparently for clubs like PSG and Monaco those rules simply don't apply, I guess you can thank your compatriot Platini for that.

For the first part of your post, i explained you the situation: Cavani president claimed he wouldn't have sold his player unless someone pay hos buy-out clause. We did, as Madrid did withb Isco and Illaramendi. For me Marquinhos value is not 35M, i would have paid it 17M max. However the price is set by the concurrence, the remaining years of contract and the selling club.
For the third part of your post, do you know what is the DNCG ? France became a shit-tier league due to Basman law, tax rules and DNCG. To play in french league, you have to show that you have no debt at all. So now that new cubs can spend money, anyone what a FFP to take place, but in France we were a lot to ask for an European DNCG.
Funny fact that people abroad think Platini is protecting french clubs. Platini made a lot of comments on PSG situation but you didn't hear about it. Platini is by no way friendly with PSG and even if is son works for QSI, he is not working for PSG. Blanc is the man who is in charge of this business. With the new owner, PSG earning improved a lot (merchandising, matchs ticket, sponsorship...) but it is not enough. The only way to respect the FFP is our sponsorship with QTA which represent almost 1 billion (150-200+M per year).
Whether it'll be fully accpeted or not remained to be seen. We are playing on the fact that there is no advertising contract between a country and a club so the value can't be compared to usual deal.
Well, face the fact, this is just a way to find a loophole and i agree it's a very questionnable way of acting. Nevertheless, as i pointed, the top clubs are the ones which were spending a lot before, that's why they have huge debts. Thanks to that they built great sports companies which have now great incomes and can spend big since they earn big now. PSG is just trying to do the same: spending fast now to have some valuables players, build new stade and facilities on the future, and try to have some short-term success to bring a new visibility to the clubs (which will bring mre good players and sponsors).

Bertus

Bayern is the best team in the world right now. PSG should try to pry some players out of there since they have the money to buy the whole world.

Of course, money can't buy everything. And the French league won't automatically get better just because they have the likes of PSG and FC Monaco.

As strange as it seems to be, PSG is not looking at all at the german league.

I still don't understand how they didn't push for Jupp to become the new coach. They didn't even try to ask him at all.

Newcomer

You've gotta love PSG's transfer strategy. If another bug club wants a player. They offer cashloads and sign him, whether or not that player fits their team. They basically leach off the big clubs, because they obviously can't scout or spot talent fr themselves.

I can understand your feeling but it is a feeling of a person who doesn't know PSG.
As a fan, i can tell you we were interested in those players for a long time even if we didn't show ur interest publicly.
With this amount of cash, maybe we are just waiting to see if the players are available and when he is we just outbid the others. That doesn't mean we were not scouting them before.

Why aren't we buying players for Bayern Munich ?
The answer is quite simple: Leonardo had most of his contacts in Italy and Bresil. Also, Serie A is facing some troubles and it is easier to pick top players there than from others countries. Their wages are not that high and the transfer fee are "affordable".
German players don't leave their country that often and all the top players are promised to end up in Bayern. Bayern can offer all a top player can expect: CL contenger every year, domestic titles favorite, big wages and a solid club.
I agree with Meitux, VdW is such an overrated player... Hope he'll improve this year (he showed he can land good crosses but he is poor defensively).
As Bertus said, Marquinhos signing has no direct impact on TS situation. When Qatari arrived in Paris, they said that since Messi is unreachable, they want to have the next Messi. That's why they are buying some young prospects like Verratti, Lucas, Pastore, now Marquinhos. Maybe no one will become a great player, maybe one will, they have the money to take this kind of risk.
About the Franch newspaper, NEVER trust "le 10sport" ! I was frankly surprised by your newspapers, specifically "Sport"... Bullshitpapers would suit better to "Sport".
The only trustworthy in France is L'equipe. However this last years, they are doing like all the newspapers and they lost a lot of their reliability. The only reliable source is the official website. As a PSG fan it is not that reliable either (search for Hakan Yakin/PSG and Thuram/PSG, surely you'll laugh).

Newcomer

As strange as it seems to be, PSG is not looking at all at the german league.

I still don't understand how they didn't push for Jupp to become the new coach. They didn't even try to ask him at all.

I saw once that Jupp Heynkes said he won't go to PSG since he doesn't know the french language.
Anyways, after this successful year, i fully understand his decision.
Are you also disappointed with the Laurent Blanc choice ?

Bertus

I can understand your feeling but it is a feeling of a person who doesn't know PSG.
As a fan, i can tell you we were interested in those players for a long time even if we didn't show ur interest publicly.
With this amount of cash, maybe we are just waiting to see if the players are available and when he is we just outbid the others. That doesn't mean we were not scouting them before.

The answer is quite simple: Leonardo had most of his contacts in Italy and Bresil. Also, Serie A is facing some troubles and it is easier to pick top players there than from others countries. Their wages are not that high and the transfer fee are "affordable".

True, and since the italian clubs need money, they are really happy that the PSG is buying their players.

But still, leonardo didn't sign Benitez because he dislikes him, didn't even try to bring Jupp to the club :( (yeah i know jupp said he's not fluent in french but still, the PSG didn't even contact him) :(

I'll miss leo a lot because he brought monster players to the club, but the "search for a new coach" was a disaster.

Instead of searching for a very good one, he and nasser went to Roland Garros.

The psg fans were all "don't worry, they are planning something". My a--, they just f***ed up :lol:

Newcomer

Hahahah, true ! I can remember Nasser with his Aviator sunglasses at Roland Garros smiling !! We were like, ok, no problem, this problem is already solved !
Finally, we have Laurent Blanc... What a nightmare !
Seems like Leonardo wanted only Capello. Now he is gone, we will never know the true story though.

Bertus

I saw once that Jupp Heynkes said he won't go to PSG since he doesn't know the french language.
Anyways, after this successful year, i fully understand his decision.
Are you also disappointed with the Laurent Blanc choice ?

I am. I think Blanc is no good because :

- He's not able to handle players with big personalities as shown when he was France coach.

- It was reported that he doesn't spend a lot of times on the training field with the players. He makes it do it to somebody else. He's not like Carlo at all.

- His agent is kind of a tête à claques.

- He's not a confirmed coach at all in my mind. He didn't coach for long and so far he showed limited tactics even if he did quite good with Bordeaux in CL.

(add to that that I associate him with Marseille :lol: )

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
German players don't leave their country that often and all the top players are promised to end up in Bayern. Bayern can offer all a top player can expect: CL contenger every year, domestic titles favorite, big wages and a solid club.

True. And no offense, when German players think about playing abroad, they tend to think about top leagues sych as the EPL and the LFP, not the French league which is rated a lot lower than the Bundesliga.

Home of Barca Fans