Martin Caceres

Evil

Shabazz
Barcelona rejected a loan deal from Olympiakos for Cáceres until the end of the season. Olympiakos which is managed by Valverde, made an offer for Cáceres for a loan deal, but Barcelona rejected the deal on the grounds that since they are in all 3 competitions they will need all their players.

I think a loan deal would have been great for him, he would get regular playing time and then return during the preseason where Pep can evaluate him again.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thats news to me. I respect the Greek league but Olympiakos would be a step back in his career, even from his last years Villarreal standpoint.
I`d prefer a mid-table team in some stronger league if it`s ever to happen

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
Caceres has some bad luck. No Betis goal was his fault but we did concede 2 goals and that will mark him surely.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
I think he was the best defender on the pitch against Betis so don't blame him... there are 4 defenders and he himself can't be everywhere.. he did well :p

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Shocking pass there vs. for Atletico player. Looks like Pep keeps him on the bench for a reason

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
I read somewhere that Henrique will definitely go back to Barca. That probably means Caceres will be loaned out

Evil

Shabazz
I feel bad for him, played excellent up to that point. A bit harsh though, got abit of the ball, but completley wiped out the player ..

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think he played well as LB, up to the penalty of course... Maybe Pep could give him more minutes as LB now that Abidal is out...

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Indeedy, it was red and a penalty.

You could say he made the right decision: if he didn't tackle, Mallorca would be likely to have scored. Now they didn't.

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans