Martin Montoya

sabby

He should leave if he's not getting the chance to play. Don't wanna see become him becoming another jds case, he has much better potential and talent than jds.

Truthist

I don't care what people say, he's simply not getting a fair crack at the whip. He's a talented kid and to those who like broken records repeat he's not good enough, how the hell is he supposed to iron out the rough edges without consistent game time.

It's a farce and sadly, one of many under the stewardship of Lucho. Questions must be asked!

He shipped out Deulefou without giving him any sort of a chance, probably ruined his confidence to ever make it at Barca now, carries on employing Mascherano at CB (a clear square peg in a round hole) and has the team operating without any cohesion or chemistry. His only ace in the pack are MSN, he is totally relying on their individual brilliance to bail the team out.

It simply is not sustainable.

anguy

Deulofeu would be stuck on bench in this team. Maybe not in first few months, but after Suarez return definitely. Going to Sevilla was the best thing for his development.

Truthist

I'd rather him as the backup than Pedro and it's not as if Suarez is going to play every minute of every match.

Anyway, back on topic it wouldn't surprise me if Montoya pushes for a move in the winter.

anguy

I'd rather him as the backup than Pedro and it's not as if Suarez is going to play every minute of every match.

Anyway, back on topic it wouldn't surprise me if Montoya pushes for a move in the winter.

I disagree. Pedro is much better backup, because it's unlikely he'll develop further. I also believe Munir and Sandro are quite capable backups. Deulo needs a lot of playing time, because he is still raw. Him being sent to Sevilla is best both for him and Barca long term.

And Montoya might push for a move, but if trade ban is still here he won't be going anywhere. The same with Pique.

Zangash

Banned
I disagree. Pedro is much better backup, because it's unlikely he'll develop further. I also believe Munir and Sandro are quite capable backups. Deulo needs a lot of playing time, because he is still raw. Him being sent to Sevilla is best both for him and Barca long term.

And Montoya might push for a move, but if trade ban is still here he won't be going anywhere. The same with Pique.

Why would the transfer ban stop us from letting Montoya leave? It's not like we'd have to go out in the market to find someone to sit in the stands or watch from home to replace him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't get why he has been in the squads for the last couple of games when it was obvious that he would not get a chance considering Lucho always kept another player who could fill in at RB beside him on the bench. Looks like the guy just called him up for the sake of it after being questioned by the media.

Irish_Cules

I used to be a big fan of his but it has been 3 coaches now who don't trust him and when he does play he doesn't look like the player he had the potential to be a couple years ago. There's obviously something not right there.

L

linetty

it never looked to me like he has the potential to be starting at barca don't know why is everyone so overracting about him not being selected, average at best

L

linetty

alves didn't start crossing just because he turned shit overnight but because the system and tactics are fucked up, he does not get support at all where are the times when he used to link up with messi so well, these lovely 1-2s? went missing since pep's not here

abual3bed1

alves didn't start crossing just because he turned shit overnight but because the system and tactics are fucked up, he does not get support at all where are the times when he used to link up with messi so well, these lovely 1-2s? went missing since pep's not here

He's too committed to those 1-2s with Messi. I sometimes feel that Alves has 2 options lately when he's on attack, cross to row z or look for Messi and pass only to Messi. Even when Leo isn't in a good position to receive a pass.

Barcilliant

Montoya must have slept with Lucho's wife!

He has been invisible since Lucho became coach. We saw a bit of him under our other coaches.

Realistically unless a player gets a sustained run its hard to judge him. Both Batra and more so Montoya have had very sporadic appearences. We might as well loan them to a team so they get regular playing time.

I think its about time we realise that our academy is not going to be able to produce a Xavi, Iniesta or Messi every generation.

Our scouting set up needs MASSIVE improvement at ALL levels.

Home of Barca Fans