Martin Montoya

Stric

I don't even consider Montoya a youngster anymore. He played well everytime he played, he surely should get more minutes.

Darko, he played 1011 minutes on la liga, 108 on cl, and 388 on cdr, a total of 1507. Alves played 3679.

I found the correct stats later, too. Most of those minutes were in the first half of the season, though. Some when Alves was injured and some in the CdR, as stated above.

Keikoku

Cabbage
I don't even consider Montoya a youngster anymore. He played well everytime he played, he surely should get more minutes.

Darko, he played 1011 minutes on la liga, 108 on cl, and 388 on cdr, a total of 1507. Alves played 3679.

Wow. The minutes comparison is almost 1:2 which I think quite good considering Alves is our first team player than Montoya that just his back up. But I don't know why it's feel so long since Montoya played (I remember last time he played as LB if I'm not wrong). And mostly he left out from the squad lately.

Stric

Wow. The minutes comparison is almost 1:2 which I think quite good considering Alves is our first team player than Montoya that just his back up. But I don't know why it's feel so long since Montoya played (I remember last time he played as LB if I'm not wrong). And mostly he left out from the squad lately.

I think it's because most of those minutes were in the first half of the season, when he plays more often, and there were many CdR games and situations like that. Lately we've only been playing La Liga, chasing the title, and the CL, where Montoya was nowhere to be seen.

F

Flavia

Alves has 2172 more minutes, and that because he got injured. Something around 1500 more would be better.

Irish_Cules

If Montoya's effort against Madrid went in instead of hitting the crossbar, do you reckon he would have played much more this season? He was playing a decent bit early on in the season and scoring the winner against Madrid would have made him an instant hero.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Easily

Holding off Ronaldo in his 1st clasico AND scoring the winner from a late screamer would be a Varane-esque performance and would make him much more of a "prodigy" in the eyes of the management.

Easily

Holding off Ronaldo in his 1st clasico AND scoring the winner from a late screamer would be a Varane-esque performance and would make him much more of a "prodigy" in the eyes of the management.

He did pretty well in the super cup game at the Bernabeu as well. Didn't he get a late one on one with Casillas? Not to mention we were better after he came on (I guess that's not saying much considering how shitty we were before that though), especially defensively.

He really should have played more this season, and I also think he would have, had he scored instead of hitting the crossbar.

psychotsek

What troubles me is that in season where we were 13 points ahead of RM we couldn't give Montoya, Bartra and Tello the amount of time they deserved, instead we kept over playing Alves using Adriano as a CB and Iniesta as a LW... :banghead:

Barcilliant

Montoya should replace Alves or at least get alot more playing time. Blame Tito. He has really screwed the pooch. Tito has been lucky because Mourinho and most of his players have been at loggerheads. A unified RM would have won the league and thats a concern for next season.

Cule4life

The Culest
What troubles me is that in season where we were 13 points ahead of RM we couldn't give Montoya, Bartra and Tello the amount of time they deserved, instead we kept over playing Alves using Adriano as a CB and Iniesta as a LW... :banghead:

:tito:
I doubt tito would come to his senses and change this

Pepe Silvia

He will have his chances to prove himself. He is a stellar young lad with a ton of talent, as I've always said, but his youthful exuberance needs to settle into something a bit more refined for consistent first team action. The positives, he's being groomed by Dani Alves, someone with proven track record of assists, passes, and flow in possibly the greatest club side of all time.

Home of Barca Fans