Mats Hummels

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Unless el tren has better info, I believe Hummels' contract runs through 2014...Valued at €20 million...I guess it was not too long ago that he signed a 1 year extension to his contract to '14 that also saw him waive his release clause - that is believed to be a stumbling block

barcaboy15

Marca is saying Barca are in for Thiago Silva.... I prefer Hummels. 30 millions for Silva? screw that. I'd rather we get this guy for 10 millions 15 most.

I think Hummels is a great defender but €30m for Thiago Silva? That would be an amazing deal.

Silva is the only CB that I would want Barca to buy, he would be unbeatable in Barca's defence. He's got the speed and the dribbling / ball skills to make it 100%.

If we don't get Silva I'd prefer we stuck with Pique-Masch for when Puyol retires.

If Silva was to go it would be more than 30 imo

I agree. Though you never know with Rossell. Say what you want about it but he gets some amazing bargains in the transfer market.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Dortmund will get picked apart by vultures this summer. They're trying to build a team, yes, but when the big fat offers come from massive clubs, the unsettling starts. There's no way Hummels would refuse Barca, Madrid, Milan, etc. Same goes for Goetze.
I dont really think so. The Reus transfer set a sign for the other Dortmund players. Lewandowski just told the kicker for example, that he sees not motivation to leave for Bayern as he is part of an excellent club at Dortmund. Götze and his family will plan his career very seriously and thus hardly leave this summer (and prolly not before the WC 2014). Hummels is pretty much the only one, who i could imagine to transfer. But i dont think he will go anywhere than Barca (his favoite club) or Bayern (his childhood club where his father is still junior coach). Still Bayern doesnt seem to exciting atm b/c Dortmund is currently looking very, i.e. more promising ... and they will really want to show them finally in the CL. And I couldnt ever imagine going to Seria A for example - thats a clear downstep and most football players think the same now.

barcaboy15

I dont really think so. The Reus transfer set a sign for the other Dortmund players. Lewandowski just told the kicker for example, that he sees not motivation to leave for Bayern as he is part of an excellent club at Dortmund. Götze and his family will plan his career very seriously and thus hardly leave this summer (and prolly not before the WC 2014). Hummels is pretty much the only one, who i could imagine to transfer. But i dont think he will go anywhere than Barca (his favoite club) or Bayern (his childhood club where his father is still junior coach). Still Bayern doesnt seem to exciting atm b/c Dortmund is currently looking very, i.e. more promising ... and they will really want to show them finally in the CL. And I couldnt ever imagine going to Seria A for example - thats a clear downstep and most football players think the same now.

I really hope Hummels and the rest of Dortmund's players stay (especially Goetze). So annoyed at Sahin for leaving, though I guess he's getting his just desserts.

Would be great if they could retain the title, beating Bayern this year then have a real go for the CL next year.

D

danumber10

I think Hummels is a great defender but €30m for Thiago Silva? That would be an amazing deal.

Silva is the only CB that I would want Barca to buy, he would be unbeatable in Barca's defence. He's got the speed and the dribbling / ball skills to make it 100%.

So you don't think Hummels could ever reach a level to be a Barca starter? The point is to bring a young yet good defender to take over Puyol's spot within the next couple years. Thiago silva is 28 already. 30 millions for a 28 year old is too much money. Barca should look to sign youngsters . Or you don't want hummels at barca b.c you are a Dortumd fan?

D

danumber10

€ 10 - 15 million? Dream on. Dortmund is building a team currently, they invested big (for their standards) for Reus. They won't sell any of their star players for peanuts all too soon. Why would they invest € 17 million for Reus and then sell Hummels for € 10 - 15 million all of a sudden? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad Sahin decided to destroy his career at Real Madrid. Dortmund would be a hell of a team next season with Sahin, Götze, Kagawa, Hummels and Reus.
What if the player is tempted to leave? I'm sure he will at least think about it if a team like Barca comes knocking at the door and say they want you to replace puyol in the next couple years.

SeloBarca

So you don't think Hummels could ever reach a level to be a Barca starter? The point is to bring a young yet good defender to take over Puyol's spot within the next couple years. Thiago silva is 28 already. 30 millions for a 28 year old is too much money. Barca should look to sign youngsters . Or you don't want hummels at barca b.c you are a Dortumd fan?

I agree. I would rather see Barca get Hummels and build on the future, instead of getting Silva at 28. Whats Hummels value right now? 20-25?

Alves-Pique-Hummels-Alba would be sweet :)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I haven't seen Hummels play, so I can't say anything about his ability, but the one thing I'd be worried about would be the language barrier. Remember Chiggy?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I haven't seen Hummels play, so I can't say anything about his ability, but the one thing I'd be worried about would be the language barrier. Remember Chiggy?
Dima did learn the language... it was not language problem for him. He just needed time, which Rosell didn't deem we had

I hope Hummels doesn't make a Gourcuff... Shine only in smaller teams.

Last edited:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Mats Hummels father Hermann was fired today after being Bayern Munichs youth coordinator for 17 yrs. Makes a move from Mats to Bayern definitely not more likely than before i guess.

Home of Barca Fans