Matthijs de Ligt

xxxxxx

Yeah right, you watched Ajax before this season? Come on, please play some more excuses. Last season he was very consistent aswell. So that atleast 2 seasons.

Should he have made his debut at 12 y/o?

Being consistent in the Dutch league doesn't make you a very good player. This is his first real season where he's actually done something against the bigger and better clubs. And yet again, he didn't even play over 40 games last year.

He has big potential, but that's all it is. Him going to an awfully ran club like PSG will regress him as a player. It's happened time and time again.

VN10

Apart from his mistakes, i think he was very good in his debut season. He was the best Ajax player in the EL final.
Davinson Sanchez was also good that season. But you already saw De Ligt was gonna be the better defender and footballer.

Now Sanchez is benching at Tottenham. And De Ligt is the most wanted defender on the market.

Sanchez hasn't been benched though, has he?

To be honest, I think Sanchez was a little bit better and more impressive that season, but De Ligt indeed did very well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Maximum circus levels, haha nice one!

Yeah the amount of bullshit on here is insane.
Most on here have no idea how football works, and have a very selective memory and interpretation of 'news' and developments.

Everyone calling Raiola a fat rat is a funny person.
This dude is regarded as one of the best player managers out there, by the players.
So yeah, he is a harsh negotiating partner for every club since he is that good.
He is a PLAYER MANAGER after all, otherwise we'd call him a technical director or something...

What do people on this forum know? It always amazes me how short sighted people are and how they can not see anything in perspective.

What perspectives? And you know how football works and we don't? So I guess you have no problem whatsoever with what they are doing? So De Ligt should go to PSG or whoever will pay him and Raiola the most?

Sorin

I don't think there's a more biased, hypocrit and falsely informed forum than this one. It's sad really.

If I wasn't a Barca fan, I'd ignore it.

Honestly, you look more like a De Ligt fan than Barca fan in this instance.

But by all means, it's your choice.

xxxxxx

That's a bold statement for someone who doesn't have his facts straight.

Paris: 335 mln
United 353 mln

(net spend)

NOT EVEN CLOSE! :lol::wave:

Who has the bigger revenue? And PSG has spent 1.1b on players since 2011..... with no real revenue to back it up. At least Utd has a big enough revenue to generate their income and spending. And Utd won Champs Leagues without spending big. PSG has spent big and has nothing to show for it in Europe.

Try again.

George_Costanza

Why attack the player? He has the right to decide his future and he didn't decide yet. He might join us or might join another club.

We have to wait and see.

Devils

lol Barto will do the exact same thing he did with Frenkie. When it seems hopeless, Barto will step in and snatch the kid from PSG's grasp.

Quote this post when it happens.

xxxxxx

I don't think there's a more biased, hypocrit and falsely informed forum than this one. It's sad really.

If I wasn't a Barca fan, I'd ignore it.

They have spent 1.1b on players in 8 years...... and they had no real revenue to back it up for like 4 of those years. Man Utd generate good revenue. Can't say the same for PSG.

Both are poorly ran clubs, but one team has a big history and big support.... the other has no history in Europe and nowhere near the support from around the world. If PSG didn't have the backing of their billionaire owners, nobody would give a fuck about them. At least with Utd they're always going to be a big club and be supporting from around the world.

Sorin

Why attack the player? He has the right to decide his future and he didn't decide yet. He might join us or might join another club.

We have to wait and see.

With this I agree. There's no reason to attack De Ligt. Everyone is free to decide for himself, that's democracy. He's not the first great defender and will not be the last. Y'all be talking like this is it in terms of defenders and if we won't get him the sky's gonna fall. We have more pressing needs than De Ligt. Let's focus on those.

VN10

Who has the bigger revenue? And PSG has spent 1.1b on players since 2011..... with no real revenue to back it up. At least Utd has a big enough revenue to generate their income and spending. And Utd won Champs Leagues without spending big. PSG has spent big and has nothing to show for it in Europe.

Try again.

Try agian he says. Haha, oh well... a lost cause I guess.

All I can say is; do some research Benny Bias :)

Raketa10

Whatever happens happens. To be fair Raiola isn't doing him much of a favor. Yes he will get the money but career wise he will be under enormous pressure wherever he ends up after this "bidding war". He has only 19y so this isn't the right path unless he has unbelievable mental stability. People will expect constant world class performances from him and that's unrealistic for a 19y old CB regardless of his talent. He might end up like Pogba, Dembele or Coutinho who weren't able to carry that "big expectations" burden.

xxxxxx

Try agian he says. Haha, oh well... a lost cause I guess.

You brought up net spend but didn't even bring in actual revenue into it. There's a reason why PSG has been investigated by UEFA multiple times over spending too much. Their revenue stream doesn't back up the money they actually spend..... especially those first 4 years I mentioned. Not the same case for Utd.

As I said, PSG are not a big club.... despite them winning the French league.... with no competition mind you. Prior to them getting those billionaire owners, they only won 2 league titles and some other shitty domestic cups. They had as big of an history as Aston Villa. Now bring up Utd's history.... without billionaire owners like PSG has had.

Try again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans