Matthijs de Ligt

Riordon

Sport says again that we will not up our offer and leave it entirely to De Ligt and the two sides have not talked in a month or so.

To those who think Bartomeu will hop on a plane jetting off to Amsterdam or somewhere to have a last-ditch meeting to get De Ligt, it is not happening.

Brilliant, as it should be. Bartomeu nor the board won't hear from me if we miss out. We need to show the same ruthlessness as Madrid on the market.

Messigician

Not every French, tall & athletic player is a good defender.

Maybe not but they're not playing In farmers dutch league at least.

De Ligt was ultimately the reason Tottenham went through in UCL if he did that for us he would be eaten alive on here.

Not saying he's not amazing but there's other options on the market without a greedy agent pushing them to make the club's life hell every year

Andresito

Staff member
What if he already reached his highest level.

Bojan was at his best when he was 19, scoring 8 goals in 23 Liga games.

MTL_Barca

We don't need another 60-80M CB then. These players are all quite easily replaceable. They are just decent, athletic, young defenders. They come up every season. Not bad but not a must sign, especially this summer.

De Ligt is a special opportunity. He has mentality and is future captain material for whatever team he'll join, he is from Ajax youth so knows our style and seeing a CB this good at just 19 years is just very rare in general.

That's a combination that won't come for who knows how long. Something really special and rare so it would make sense to sign him now, but i don't think throwing 75M at the next good defender we see in case De Ligt joins PSG seems so wise. Unless we sell Umtiti, but he said he wants to stay.

If De Ligt chooses money over Barca his own fault, but let's not pretend he sucks just because he may reject our offer.

Last edited:

Raketa10

We don't need another 60-80M CB then. These players are all quite easily replaceable. They are just decent, athletic, young defenders. Not bad but not a must sign, especially this summer.

De Ligt on the other hand is a special opportunity. He has mentality and is future captain material for whatever team he'll join, he is from Ajax youth that knows our style and seeing a CB this good at just 19 years is very rare.

That's a combination that won't come for who knows how long. Something really special and rare so it would make sense to sign him now, but just i don't think throwing 75M at the next good defender we see in case De Ligt joins PSG doesn't seem so wise.

I agree with you De Ligt is a special opportunity and if we miss out on him we shouldn't sign any other CB this summer. With Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet and Todibo we are well covered for the next season. Investing in De Ligt means investing in the future and not solving short term issues so we should definitely try make another final push for him.

Last edited:

Messigician

Cute people think De Ligt will stay here for 15 years with Raiola as his agent. Ignoring the fact the guy openly said he wants to play in England

Riordon

What what you guys do with the 80m we will have then? I would spend it on Ndombele and let Rakitic leave, a Ndombele-De-Jong duo might be iconic. Otherwise I would get a winger(LW) besides a 9.

If Semedo leaves, I think his fee will pay for his replacement.

khaled_a_d

Unpopular opinion; I dont see de ligt even reaching Van Dijk levels. Let alone Maldini etc

Very few CBs ever reached that level. That is a safer bet actually.
De Ligt doesn't have same physical qualities as VVD, which will make it difficult for him to reach that level regardless of his age.

Cute people think De Ligt will stay here for 15 years with Raiola as his agent. Ignoring the fact the guy openly said he wants to play in England

And many of those weren't happy with the way Umtiti handled his renewal either.
And with obligatory buyouts in Spain, we don't know what buyout did Raiola asked for either. If he asked high salary and low buyout, it could have been utterly bad deal for Barca

Gari

Ajax lost to weak Tottenham,Holland of Portugal, he had mistakes both there and there. Is it really necessary to suffer so for him?

Home of Barca Fans