Matthijs de Ligt

xxxxxx

he wouldnt get a lot of playing time here with our coward coach. PSG is not the best decision though. Farmer league where his skills won’t improve much.

He would be much better off going to Man U or juventus.

I know Utd are shit at the moment and have shit owners and a shit manager (it appears they have a shit manager).... but at least he'll play against much better teams and players in that league. Plus, he'll have a chance of being sold if he joins Utd if it doesn't work out. He has no chance of leaving PSG.

Givenchy

I know Utd are shit at the moment and have shit owners and a shit manager (it appears they have a shit manager).... but at least he'll play against much better teams and players in that league. Plus, he'll have a chance of being sold if he joins Utd if it doesn't work out. He has no chance of leaving PSG.

plus if he does continue growing, we can buy him from United in 3 years time or so. PSG aren't selling their stars

Givenchy

basically telling his next club hes using them as a stepping stone to a future Barca move.. goodluck with that at PSG :wave:

xXKonan

Going back towards January after we signed De Jong and even Todibo, there was that feeling De Ligt didn't appear to be a priority as it once was before at the time and to an extent, I feel that maybe the case still.

Not that we weren't trying hard enough to get him but you have a feeling that the likes of Barto could have gone the extra mile like he did with De Jong with De Ligt but it appears they didn't. Either way good luck to him at PSG.

Newcomer

The real problem here, it seems, for a lot of you is PSG doesn't see itself as a stepping stone club.

When i read about United, you are okay for him to go there to hone his skills and take it away in 3-4 years time.

But, let's talk for real : if MU owners decide to go big and want to make a super team and they decide they won't sell any of their best players anymore, would you be happy for him to go there without any chance of playing for Barcelona ? Unless he fails miserably like Sanchez and they are open to sell ?

soul24rage

I am a little bit surprised that Juve is not trying.

According to sources, Juve is signing Cristian Romero, the 21 year old Argentinian CB from Genoa and Merih Demiral, the 21 year old Turkish CB who is on loan to Sassuolo.

Maybe they think De Ligt is too expensive for their liking.

XaviV

If we we'd have a proper management in a few years, it is now or are never for DeLigt.No sane president will sign him in 4-5 years, his wage demands then will put to shame oil sheikhs.

Givenchy

The real problem here, it seems, for a lot of you is PSG doesn't see itself as a stepping stone club.

When i read about United, you are okay for him to go there to hone his skills and take it away in 3-4 years time.

But, let's talk for real : if MU owners decide to go big and want to make a super team and they decide they won't sell any of their best players anymore, would you be happy for him to go there without any chance of playing for Barcelona ? Unless he fails miserably like Sanchez and they are open to sell ?

this won't happen at United though. just look at Pogba this summer with Juve/Madrid interested.. United have named their price and won't keep him against his will - Raiola also pretty much has his way with them so it won't be hard for him to move. if De Ligt does end up going elsewhere (not PSG) i think he'll end up at Barca in 3 years time when Pique is totally finished, maybe even sooner if Umtiti and Pique are done after this season

this will be a big mistake and cost us 100mil+ as it seems our board lack vision for the future. if there is any doubt at all about Umtiti's condition this transfer is crucial

Newcomer

Going back towards January after we signed De Jong and even Todibo, there was that feeling De Ligt didn't appear to be a priority as it once was before at the time and to an extent, I feel that maybe the case still.

Not that we weren't trying hard enough to get him but you have a feeling that the likes of Barto could have gone the extra mile like he did with De Jong with De Ligt but it appears they didn't. Either way good luck to him at PSG.

It is not over until it is over.
De Jong taught us that. Let's be patient.

This de Ligt saga is very special.
Both PSG and Barça needed a midfielder more. Especially PSG.

To this day, if you ask me to chose between both of them, i would chose de Jong. Not because of his superior talent but due to the needs of PSG.
If we get de Ligt, well that is good. But we would still have big weakness in our midfield and way less money to spend to fix it.
I would be excited because it is a new signing but i'm not even sure PSG would be stronger. Not saying he is not quality but i feel we need to upgrade on midfielder, full backs and goalkeeper more than on CB.
But afterall, he is targeted to take Thiago Silva role in the near future.

Home of Barca Fans