Matthijs de Ligt

xxxxxx

The real problem here, it seems, for a lot of you is PSG doesn't see itself as a stepping stone club.

When i read about United, you are okay for him to go there to hone his skills and take it away in 3-4 years time.

But, let's talk for real : if MU owners decide to go big and want to make a super team and they decide they won't sell any of their best players anymore, would you be happy for him to go there without any chance of playing for Barcelona ? Unless he fails miserably like Sanchez and they are open to sell ?

Going to Utd is a better move than going to PSG.... simply because he'll play against much better players and teams each week. Ligue 1 is such an awful league. Besides, he would have a better chance of being sold at Utd if it doesn't work out.... he won't have a chance of being sold at PSG. They never sell their superstars.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

It is not over until it is over.
De Jong taught us that. Let's be patient.

This de Ligt saga is very special.
Both PSG and Barça needed a midfielder more. Especially PSG.

To this day, if you ask me to chose between both of them, i would chose de Jong. Not because of his superior talent but due to the needs of PSG.
If we get de Ligt, well that is good. But we would still have big weakness in our midfield and way less money to spend to fix it.
I would be excited because it is a new signing but i'm not even sure PSG would be stronger. Not saying he is not quality but i feel we need to upgrade on midfielder, full backs and goalkeeper more than on CB.
But afterall, he is targeted to take Thiago Silva role in the near future.

I like De Ligt + Ndombele/SMS better than just De Jong personally.

Devils

If we we'd have a proper management in a few years, it is now or are never for DeLigt.No sane president will sign him in 4-5 years, his wage demands then will put to shame oil sheikhs.

I don't even think post-Messi we would offer him wages like the ones he's rumored to be getting from PSG.

Incredible when you think about it.

Newcomer

this won't happen at United though. just look at Pogba this summer with Juve/Madrid interested.. United have named their price and won't keep him against his will - Raiola also pretty much has his way with them so it won't be hard for him to move. if De Ligt does end up going elsewhere (not PSG) i think he'll end up at Barca in 3 years time when Pique is totally finished, maybe even sooner if Umtiti and Pique are done after this season

this will be a big mistake and cost us 100mil+ as it seems our board lack vision for the future. if there is any doubt at all about Umtiti's condition this transfer is crucial
Yeah, because the Glazers don't really care about the club.
But take a look at Chelsea. They didn't let their players go before their contract were 1 year before running out. Or City who don't sell anyone.
Would you be okay if de Ligt went to a club that is not a stepping stone and would not let him leave before at least 4 years ?

I mean Chelsea wouldn't even let you buy Willian despite the desperation of Valverde !!!

jairzinho

Mbappe and De Ligt can leave on a free if it’s in their interest. There really isn’t anything Nasser could do if a player refuses an extension. He could probably throw more money at them but If Mbappe is serious about leaving in 3 years time, Nasser can’t do shit. A schemer like Raiola will know that too.

xXKonan

It is not over until it is over.
De Jong taught us that. Let's be patient.

This de Ligt saga is very special.
Both PSG and Barça needed a midfielder more. Especially PSG.

To this day, if you ask me to chose between both of them, i would chose de Jong. Not because of his superior talent but due to the needs of PSG.
If we get de Ligt, well that is good. But we would still have big weakness in our midfield and way less money to spend to fix it.
I would be excited because it is a new signing but i'm not even sure PSG would be stronger. Not saying he is not quality but i feel we need to upgrade on midfielder, full backs and goalkeeper more than on CB.
But afterall, he is targeted to take Thiago Silva role in the near future.
True but, I still think De Ligt is off to PSG personally.

Newcomer

Mbappe and De Ligt can leave on a free if it’s in their interest. There really isn’t anything Nasser could do if a player refuses an extension. He could probably throw more money at them but If Mbappe is serious about leaving in 3 years time, Nasser can’t do shit. A schemer like Raiola will know that too.

People like to think PSG can force player to renew.

Thiago Silva and Marquinhos renewed because they wanted it.

Verratti has still not renewed since 2016.

Givenchy

Yeah, because the Glazers don't really care about the club.
But take a look at Chelsea. They didn't let their players go before their contract were 1 year before running out. Or City who don't sell anyone.
Would you be okay if de Ligt went to a club that is not a stepping stone and would not let him leave before at least 4 years ?

United, Liverpool, Juve and Chelsea would all sell De Ligt if he and Raiola start kicking up a fuss as they usually do. Hazard behaved professionally at Chelsea, there was a little flirting with Madrid but he gave them his all

I'm not happy about De Ligt going to any club as if we are to buy him in the future it will probably cost Mbappe money looking at how the market is going - I also wouldn't want to sign him in 3 years as maybe another high potential CB will appear on the scene by then. I think if Barca is his desired destination (again i'm not saying it is) then he should join now, nobody knows what the future holds

we both know if he goes to PSG thats final. not saying they will hold him against his will in an aggressive manner but if they keep topping up his wages he'll be happy to stay there no doubt

I think its disrespectful from a 19 year old and Raiola (ofc) to be that transparent about using his next club as a stepping stone. heck it's pretty ballsy for a 19 year old to expect Barca to pay probably double his current transfer fee in 3-4 years time

VN10

You guys do realize right, that the papers/news-outlets nowadays are alle about clickbait? Everything revolves around getting those page click to earn money. What do you think get most clicks? Negative news for Barca ofcourse.

Latest info I've received: Barca and team-MdL are still negotiating, but it is looking good. It could still be announced this weekend or early next week. Barca informed MdL that if all goes well, they would love to present both Dutch players in the same press conference somewhere towards the end of June.

Newcomer

I'm pretty sure Mbappé won't renew and the real talk about his future will be hold next year or the year after.

You should enjoy 1 or 2 years before you see him at Real Madrid.

Newcomer

You guys do realize right, that the papers/news-outlets nowadays are alle about clickbait? Everything revolves around getting those page click to earn money. What do you think get most clicks? Negative news for Barca ofcourse.

Latest info I've received: Barca and team-MdL are still negotiating, but it is looking good. It could still be announced this weekend or early next week. Barca informed MdL that if all goes well, they would love to present both Dutch players in the same press conference somewhere towards the end of June.

Nice.

Thank you to give us your informations from Netherlands.

It has prolly more weight that hearsay from Spain or France.

wisconsincule

I'm pretty sure Mbappé won't renew and the real talk about his future will be hold next year or the year after.

You should enjoy 1 or 2 years before you see him at Real Madrid.

I wonder if he’d want to team up with Griezmann and Dembele when his contract ultimately runs out....

I see him going to Madrid whenever he leaves PSG but you never know with the French connection...

Home of Barca Fans