Mavericky Puig

serghei

Just fucking play him. Can't be any worse than what already is. Can't believe Koeman is that full of himself that he doesn't realize he made an error with Puig.

soul24rage

Just fucking play him. Can't be any worse than what already is. Can't believe Koeman is that full of himself that he doesn't realize he made an error with Puig.

Honestly, it's a question I've been asking myself ever since he wanted to Puig to go on loan. Ffs

FinBarcelonafan

He could provide speed and work rate to midfield, which Koeman wants. He will never find it from Busi or Pjanic, yet keeps trying game after game. They are simply too slow.

Rory

Imagine a player who is good at breaking through the lines and transitioning the ball would work against a juve who had us pinned back? Why is it decisions like this are blindingly obvious for fans sometimes but not managers? If he doesn't start one of the next 3 games then Koeman out

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Imagine a player who is good at breaking through the lines and transitioning the ball would work against a juve who had us pinned back? Why is it decisions like this are blindingly obvious for fans sometimes but not managers? If he doesn't start one of the next 3 games then Koeman out

but but he weighs 56 kg and he's not 180 cm tall...

anyway, he doesn't even look that much of a schoolboy now.

malvolio

[youtube]f7sUpRV6Vug[/youtube]

don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but those highlights are nothing much.

he passed the ball sideways countless times, 2-3 through/perpendicular passes, some flicks, some attempts to dribble, a shot he skied. what i'm to make of all this?

the fact the he showed some urgency in his game?

but but he weighs 56 kg and he's not 180 cm tall...

anyway, he doesn't even look that much of a schoolboy now.

I don't get this either, when did Barca stop to prefer technique and skills on the ball to more physical Midfielders? The philosophy of La Masia gifted us players like Xavi, Iniesta or Thiago. Of course you can't rely on ball wizards alone, but nobody can deny the positive impact of a player like Puig on the dead ass midfield we have now. The fact that he stayed to fight for his place and the sad state of our midfield doesn't justify a benchplace no more.

fergus90

don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but those highlights are nothing much.

he passed the ball sideways countless times, 2-3 through/perpendicular passes, some flicks, some attempts to dribble, a shot he skied. what i'm to make of all this?

the fact the he showed some urgency in his game?

1) He passes through lines

2) He links play well with his team mates

3) Messi drifts further towards the box because he knows Puig can carry the ball and supply key passes (only second behind Messi in this stat)

4) He can play quick one touch passing as well as is able to dribble with the ball

5) He displays urgency to win the ball back.

6) He has been first for ground duels won almost every time he has played despite this huge obsession about his physique.

We are actually shooting ourselves in the foot not playing him at this point.

Gnidrologist

Highlights are always weak source of information, when taken out of context. Those who watched the match will have better perspective of Puig's influence and why it improved Barca's overall play after he came on. You had to see and suffer the drab and clueless mincing around the whole match to appreciated his contribution more. Also what fergus90 said, especially how Messi benefited from his presence. He can afford to be closer to box, when we have an actually brave AM. He wouldn't have a knack to fall back so deep so often with Puig on as the later unlike our other mids is more adventurous.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans