Mavericky Puig

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe Koeman is right about his work ethic/training but I don't like to see negative comments being thrown publicly by Barca coach.

CatalinR10

when was the last time a fat coach won something relevant ? Or was taken seriously by anyone ?

0 trust in fat guys in sports.

Klopp is fit , Pep is fit , Zidanne is fit. The top tier coaches in the last decade are all fit .

No wonder he dislikes Puig since he's so fit and a better runner than Cowman.

Cowman is 100% jealous of Puig cause he's fit , young , wears the freshest clothes and hangs out with the hottest guys.

BBZ8800

I don't want want to write an essay here on how he mismanaged youngsters cuz there are so many examples, I will bring just one example in the case of Malcom who was only 21 years old. Why he wasn't given proper chance? Valverde barely used him and when he did he performed well. In one of the games he was featured the Clasico, it was actually shocking playing him (came in as a sub) in very important match since he didn't play much before. He was one of the best performers that night and scored a goal. His reward was not including him in the squad list for the next game. Now think about what I said in the previous post and it might make sense to you.

And man-management is in every sector, not just sport :lol:. It seems that you never managed anyone.

EV has seen that Malcom is not good enough.

But look, all those players are capable of playing some awesome matches here and there.

Even Munir, Deulofeu, Gomes, Denis, Samper, Semedo, Digne.
But that doesn't mean that they are good enough for Barca.

If EV was wrong about Malcom, that player would have exploded in a new club with a consistent playing time and manager's trust.

Yet, after 2 seasons in Russian league, mighty world class Malcom played 2020 minutes, scoring 5 goals and making 2 assists.

For comparison, in the same period Munir has played 2400 minutes and scored 13 goals and made 3 assists.

Deulofeu played 2300 minutes, scored 4, made 6 assists.

Sandro Ramirez played 1700 minutes, scored 5, assisted 2.

So, according to numbers after Barca, Malcom seems to be a worse player than Munir and on a similar level of Deulofeu and Sandro.

So, a good match vs Real was a peak of his career.

In a case of Malcom, EV has actually proved that he has a nose for a talent.

Fans used to whine about him for not playing Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Semedo and Alena.

Yet, after a few years, a time has shown that they were total bums and EV showed way more football knowledge than our average fan since he assessed their potential perfectly.

And their potential was: Everton or CDR matches.

Lord EV was always right.

serghei

But look, all those players are capable of playing some awesome matches here and there.

If EV was wrong about Malcom, that player would have exploded in a new club with a consistent playing time and manager's trust.

Yet, after 2 seasons in Russian league, mighty world class Malcom played 2020 minutes, scoring 5 goals and making 2 assists.

For comparison, in the same period Munir has played 2400 minutes and scored 13 goals and made 3 assists.

So, according to numbers after Barca, Malcom seems to be a worse player than Munir and on a similar level of Deulofeu and Sandro.

Fans used to whine about him for not playing Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Semedo and Alena.

Yet, after a few years, a time has shown that they were total bums and EV showed way more football knowledge than our average fan since he assessed their potential perfectly.

:lol: I like you man, but your logic is so bad at times.

Your logic about Malcom, applied to EV, means EV is twice more shit than Malcom, because he is jobless after Barca. :lol:. I.E. fans were right because no decent team wanted EV, ergo he is shit.

In reality, things don't work like that.

So, how come Malcom playing in Russia means he is bad, but EV being in an even worse state, basically unemployed because he has no decent offers, is not proof that EV is shit? In fact, neither is proof of anything of the sort.

Malcom played well in the limited amount of time he was on the field for us. What would have happened, we don't know because your favorite EV was playing 4-4-2 with Messi and Suarez up top, and Malcom was a winger.

A sensible projection would've been a solid squad player, able to start and do well when needed even against top opposition (as proved, check Inter, Villareal, Real Madrid, Cup final). Only capable of being a starter in a non-elite Barca team (like the current version), when you don't have a Ronaldinho, a Neymar, a Messi on the wing.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Malcolm was ok but could not play LW and was only ever going to be behind Messi from there.

Club made an error as sure they had him in as option to spread game and dribble at opposition as option on both sides but he couldnt do it.

The Cup Final I thought he tried hard but looked a bit limited in taking folk on and they had to move Messi in the game to get Malcolm on.

Scored against Madrid but was never going to play ahead of Messi in following games. It was more about that than never being given chances when did well. In any other game he scored/assisted he started the next game he could.

Malcolm was given chances he just never took them enough when starting to get anything close to consistent minutes.

Last edited:

Laplacian

:lol: I like you man, but your logic is so bad at times.

Your logic about Malcom, applied to EV, means EV is twice more shit than Malcom, because he is jobless after Barca. :lol:. I.E. fans were right because no decent team wanted EV, ergo he is shit.

In reality, things don't work like that.

So, how come Malcom playing in Russia means he is bad, but EV being in an even worse state, basically unemployed because he has no decent offers, is not proof that EV is shit? In fact, neither is proof of anything of the sort.

Malcom played well in the limited amount of time he was on the field for us. What would have happened, we don't know because your favorite EV was playing 4-4-2 with Messi and Suarez up top, and Malcom was a winger.

A sensible projection would've been a solid squad player, able to start and do well when needed even against top opposition (as proved, check Inter, Villareal, Real Madrid, Cup final). Only capable of being a starter in a non-elite Barca team (like the current version), when you don't have a Ronaldinho, a Neymar, a Messi on the wing.

In addition, how is it a counter-argument to fans proposing that a player who happens to perform better than his competitors during appearances should at least have more chances to further prove his quality? Like I don't get how "X, Y, Z players are now shit, EV was right about E, F G, fans were wrong about this" automatically leads to Puig shouldn't receive more chances after performing well during his cameos. All that writing from BBZ and he fails to logically justify why Puig shouldn't play more in our current situation.

Messigician

Of course Valverde was right, he knew this club would sink I knew it as soon as I saw his creepy smile after he was sacked. I wonder what it must have been liked people begging him to play Mina, Arthur, Malcom, Semedo.

ItachiXXX

Funny that the same people who were hard core Fraudverde fans are now defending Cowman. For them, the coach is always right.

Funny that the same people that blame everything on Valverde are now defending their favorite flavor of the season Hypejob and blaming the manager, his teammates

FinBarcelonafan

Watching Busi today. How the hell is Puig worse? Busi is not doing anything defensively. Reacts slow. How is Puig not upgrade on him???

Busi adds nothing to this team.

Home of Barca Fans