Mavericky Puig

BBZ8800

Was MOTM in 2 times under Setien and he was our best midfielder.
Played 2 games under Koeman was MOTM.

He played 3, 25, 25 and 24 minutes.

It is quite hard to be a true MOTM in 25 minutes.

Especially since matches ended 4:0, 3:0 and 0:3.

George_Costanza

Valverde was proven correct on just about all the young players he didnt play and first one that came along that looked quality was playing at 16.

Probably shows that there was not really any young players of the standard before Fati than anything.

Fraudeverde proved jack shit, if anything, he proved he isn't even a manager. Those B team players aren't finished product, may well be feeling out of their depth when they move to the first team, it's very important to motivate them, it will make them feel an important and valued member of the team. Encourage development of their skills, and if he see a youngster is struggling with a particular aspect arrange extra training to help them, they will eventually flourish. This is one of the main duty of the manager and his staff. I rate him F in youngsters development.

You will understand the above better once you are in senior managerial role or leadership position and part of your task is to develop your employees.

Horatio

You're welcome
Koeman does have a precedent set for strange vendettas against players with the likes of fucking Joaquin of all people

You are hearing one side of the story. I mean...the fact Valencia had 17(!) coaches in 13 years since Koemans departure also tells you something. Doesnt seem like the best environment to work in. At least Koeman managed to win a trophy.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Fraudeverde proved jack shit, if anything, he proved he isn't even a manager. Those B team players aren't finished product, may well be feeling out of their depth when they move to the first team, it's very important to motivate them, it will make them feel an important and valued member of the team. Encourage development of their skills, and if he see a youngster is struggling with a particular aspect arrange extra training to help them, they will eventually flourish. This is one of the main duty of the manager and his staff. I rate him F in youngsters development.

You will understand the above better once you are in senior managerial role or leadership position and part of your task is to develop your employees.

There has been no youngsters proven him wrong from the many he was said to be neglecting and he played one at 16 who has shown to have the quality.

Valverde not playing the younger players as much was made out should he has been proven correct on so far.

Nothing to do with failing to develop players either. They have to have a base level that is good enough to get to that stage and it more or less took for Fati to be at level and got the chances.

Spare the 'senior management' cliches and concentrate on how football clubs work in giving chances to young players that earn it and when get a chance make sure they get more.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Valverde made an effort to spot talent. Didnt Barca B coach comment he was the first coach since Guardiola to attend Barca B matches?

fergus90

You are hearing one side of the story. I mean...the fact Valencia had 17(!) coaches in 13 years since Koemans departure also tells you something. Doesnt seem like the best environment to work in. At least Koeman managed to win a trophy.

The height of that madness had to be employing Gary Neville.

George_Costanza

There has been no youngsters proven him wrong from the many he was said to be neglecting and he played one at 16 who has shown to have the quality.

Valverde not playing the younger players as much was made out should he has been proven correct on so far.

Nothing to do with failing to develop players either. They have to have a base level that is good enough to get to that stage and it more or less took for Fati to be at level and got the chances.

Spare the 'senior management' cliches and concentrate on how football clubs work in giving chances to young players that earn it and when get a chance make sure they get more.

I don't want want to write an essay here on how he mismanaged youngsters cuz there are so many examples, I will bring just one example in the case of Malcom who was only 21 years old. Why he wasn't given proper chance? Valverde barely used him and when he did he performed well. In one of the games he was featured the Clasico, it was actually shocking playing him (came in as a sub) in very important match since he didn't play much before. He was one of the best performers that night and scored a goal. His reward was not including him in the squad list for the next game. Now think about what I said in the previous post and it might make sense to you.

And man-management is in every sector, not just sport :lol:. It seems that you never managed anyone.

JamDav1982

I don't want want to write an essay here on how he mismanaged youngsters cuz there are so many examples, I will bring just one example in the case of Malcom who was only 21 years old. Why he wasn't given proper chance? Valverde barely used him and when he did he performed well. In one of the games he was featured the Clasico, it was actually shocking playing him (came in as a sub) in very important match since he didn't play much before. He was one of the best performers that night and scored a goal. His reward was not including him in the squad list for the next game. Now think about what I said in the previous post and it might make sense to you.

And man-management is in every sector, not just sport :lol:. It seems that you never managed anyone.

Malcolm was decent nothing special and got chances. Bar that Real game when did well got more chances but could never really back it up. Club did well to get what the did for him really.

Fati was in tears when he left and clearly appreciated him.

Never said EV neglects man management.... you are the one assuming he did as did not give more chances to young players that were not good enough when called upon. That is how it works at a club the size of Barca.

Horatio

You're welcome
bro, if Ted Lasso is the good, Valverde is the bad and Cowman is the ugly. Still not sure why did you like the show!

I appreciate the references but Ted Lasso didnt even come up with his own tactics. And with those results Barcaforum wouldve burned him at the stake.
Ted Lasso was very much liked within the dressing room. Reminds me of another certain coach lol. Also certain coach saved de Jongs life at Barcelona airport. Very Ted Lasso-ish.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome

Malcom has one goal in 19 games this season. Which baffles me as lower Russian side should be a breeze to score against.

Youre right. Shouldve stayed at Barca and wouldve fit in well with Griezmann and current Messi.
Valverde-eagle vision saw he was a stinker before anyone else.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

I appreciate the references but Ted Lasso didnt even come up with his own tactics. And with those results Barcaforum wouldve burned him at the stake.
Ted Lasso was very much liked within the dressing room. Reminds me of another certain coach lol. Also certain coach saved de Jongs life at Barcelona airport. Very Ted Lasso-ish.

EV was liked only by the seniors for obvious reasons, he wasn't liked by young or not influential players. Not so Ted Lasso especially how he benched star player for Sam (youngster), when I saw that episode I was thinking Valverde would have learned a thing or two from Ted Lasso.

JamDav1982

EV was liked only by the seniors for obvious reasons, he wasn't liked by young or not influential players. Not so Ted Lasso especially how he benched star player for Sam (youngster), when I saw that episode I was thinking Valverde would have learned a thing or two from Ted Lasso.

Fati didnt like Valverde?

Clean made that one up.

George_Costanza

Malcolm was decent nothing special and got chances. Bar that Real game when did well got more chances but could never really back it up. Club did well to get what the did for him really.

Fati was in tears when he left and clearly appreciated him.

Never said EV neglects man management.... you are the one assuming he did as did not give more chances to young players that were not good enough when called upon. That is how it works at a club the size of Barca.

Go back to what I said earlier about managing youngsters, I can't blame Malcom especially when that damage is done and his confidence was low.

That's why I like Puig because despite not playing much he was the best player when he was given a chance against Juve. I like his fighting spirit and high confidence level despite how poorly he is managed so far. For me Cowman is like Mr. Trask, the headmaster of Baird School from Scent of Women movie.

eacde21007610cefabc45ae110699c8a.jpg

Home of Barca Fans