Mavericky Puig

gregorrin10

Koeman looked pissed when Puig scored, I mean wtf? This is probably the last minutes for Puig for a few weeks, now Koeman knows he can't even give 5 minutes to Puig without the little man punishing him and proving him wrong. :wub:

serghei

That was a good game? I am telling you things that are pretty obvious, and by the way, every caster I have heard is also saying for some weird reason, but you insist on being a contrarian and a koeman lover. So it was 75th minute? Does this impact the conversation somehow? Is it that important? He made two out of five subs in a game played by dead tired players.
He can make bad choices you know, it's not the end of the world.

I agree with this. Elche are bottom table. Nearly every player in the squad is better than the Elche counterpart. So you can't play the card that "players aren't good enough". A former Juventus starter for example is not good enough to play some minutes vs Elche? Seriously?

That's rubbish. He has some options that would allow him to rotate, but he's simply preferring not to use them much at the expense of burning out the starters.

vegitot

Koeman looked pissed when Puig scored, I mean wtf? This is probably the last minutes for Puig for a few weeks, now Koeman knows he can't even give 5 minutes to Puig without the little man punishing him and proving him wrong. :wub:

Last match already proved that Puig is not a starter level yet. Pedri, De Jong are all better than him. Far better, not even comparable, in fact. And no business with Busquest.

JamDav1982

I agree with this. Elche are bottom table. Nearly every player in the squad is better than the Elche counterpart. So you can't play the card that "players aren't good enough". A former Juventus starter for example is not good enough to play some minutes vs Elche? Seriously?

That's rubbish. He has some options that would allow him to rotate, but he's simply preferring not to use them much at the expense of burning out the starters.

Busquets was one of the best players on the park and although controlling it was still 1-0.

It is not the time to take players out without reason.

JamDav1982

No... they panned to bench not directly after he scored and some folk desperate to grab onto things will try to make more out of it than needs to be.

As if he was sitting there still thinking about Puigs goal and pissed off...

vegitot

Copa del rey is ahead. Calm. You will see Pjanic next match and the following match in Laliga.

Horatio

You're welcome
I agree with this. Elche are bottom table. Nearly every player in the squad is better than the Elche counterpart.

Yeah, this seems to work well for Real Madrid. Pretty sure fans here were shaking their boots expecting a loss(some probably hoping for it) seeing as Messi wasn't playing and some people assuming important players were not rested well.

Retrospective armchair analyst must be easiest job in the world.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Koeman: "We found a clearer midfield in De Jong, Busquets and Pedri. The team has improved, now we have everything clearer than before. We also have players like Pjanić or Riqui, who can help us."

Curious what will happen to Riqui when Coutinho and Roberto come back.

Joan

Koeman is right we've got things moving in the midfield with Pedri, FDJ and Busquets. Seem to complement each other nicely. Telling all three are in good form atm despite playing serious minutes.

Koeman needs to experiment more and see if others can play in their roles without losing much on quality.

soul24rage

Koeman: "We found a clearer midfield in De Jong, Busquets and Pedri. The team has improved, now we have everything clearer than before. We also have players like Pjanić or Riqui, who can help us."

Curious what will happen to Riqui when Coutinho and Roberto come back.

Bob will be at RB. I'm curious of what will happen when Coutinho comes back too.

Koeman wanted him at the beg. of the season when Koeman planned with a 4-2-3-1. Now that it's a 4-3-3, Koeman might think differently.

gregorrin10

Bob will be at RB. I'm curious of what will happen when Coutinho comes back too.

Koeman wanted him at the beg. of the season when Koeman planned with a 4-2-3-1. Now that it's a 4-3-3, Koeman might think differently.

Is it a 4-3-3 though? I still can't tell. Pedri is playing very advanced and it seems to me this is still 4-2-3-1. De Jong playing box-to box. Might just be the best midfielder in the world at that right now. Busquets taking on defensive duties, while Pedri playing basically CAM, he's more central then he is left, no? So that would make a midfield of Busquets-De Jong and Pedri up front, or is it Pedri-Busquets-De Jong in a 4-3-3. I honestly can't tell.

serghei

Is it a 4-3-3 though? I still can't tell. Pedri is playing very advanced and it seems to me this is still 4-2-3-1. De Jong playing box-to box. Might just be the best midfielder in the world at that right now. Busquets taking on defensive duties, while Pedri playing basically CAM, he's more central then he is left, no? So that would make a midfield of Busquets-De Jong and Pedri up front, or is it Pedri-Busquets-De Jong in a 4-3-3. I honestly can't tell.

It's 4-3-3 imo most of the time. I don't see a double pivot out there. It's Busi alone at DM most of the time, with Pedri and De Jong as interiors.

Home of Barca Fans