Mavericky Puig

Bobo32

The game was too intense for him. Got brushed aside like a leaf more than once. You can't defend a 3-0 lead with guys like this. Sorry.

It was a 3-1 lead IIRC.
He had one good shot attempt, a couple of nice flicks and passes, and he failed a couple of times too, as everybody else. He played pretty well.

xXKonan

It would take a miracle for anyone at this rate to pound an ounce of positioning sense into him.

Such a naive player, just chases the ball off it leaving gaps like crazy.

khaled_a_d

It would take a miracle for anyone at this rate to pound an ounce of positioning sense into him.

He is an attacker converted into midfielder, so this shouldn't be a surprise.
Unlike most La Masia midfielders who were taught the position for a decade in their live, he didn't have that privilege

jairzinho

It was a 3-1 lead IIRC.
He had one good shot attempt, a couple of nice flicks and passes, and he failed a couple of times too, as everybody else. He played pretty well.

That was actually a nice shot from outside and i think Frenkie had one aswell that went close. That was nice to see for a change from our midfield, but defensively Puig is still a liability. At 3-1 up and Celta pushing for a goal i'm not sure he's a good choice to bring on.

Bobo32

That was actually a nice shot from outside and i think Frenkie had one aswell that went close. That was nice to see for a change from our midfield, but defensively Puig is still a liability. At 3-1 up and Celta pushing for a goal i'm not sure he's a good choice to bring on.

Yeah. Frenkie could've played that new kid completely free, but was probably correct in shooting that nice shot that hit the bar because the new guy looked terrible. Abde!
Puig had another shot that was very weak but on target, the leadup to that shot was very nice IIRC. It is nice to see them shoot, and Puig has a surprisingly good touch.

Sure, it wasn't the easiest time to come on. Celta had already had one or two goals blown off by then too I think. The team looked nervous, Puig came on and wanted the ball as always, and bar a couple of times he made good use of it. He is great at pressing and at covering, I have no idea what most users here are on about. You want the midfielders to fall deep instantly when the ball is lost? I don't think Xavi will look for that, I think he could highlight Puigs pressing as one of his strengths. I remember one nice interception by Puig too at the left hand side btw.

cro-man

You must be very brave or very stupid to play this kid in a serious match like this but there is no surprise anymore regarding incompetence at this club.

mc_lovin

You must be very brave or very stupid to play this kid in a serious match like this but there is no surprise anymore regarding incompetence at this club.

We ran out of options, he was literally the only midfielder on the bench yesterday. I don't say this lightly, but Roberto would have been a massive help.

Horatio

You're welcome

This. He's overdoing it with going forward and then won't release ball. Not good idea to play him when opponent plays on counter. Or at least someone needs to keep covering for him.

I think he is in weird headspace like coutinho(not as bad though) where he is out to prove himself and times things bad a lot.

I still like him to stay on board if he is not on heavy wages. He has a different profile and could be useful. I prefer him over Roberto honestly even though Roberto carries out his tasks better but Roberto annoys @#* out of me because plays like scaredy cat and will never take on anyone and will just give the predictable pass back when it gets to exciting for him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It was a 3-1 lead IIRC.

He had some good actions on the ball, as well as some horrible turnovers due to his poor physique. Also a headless chicken without it. Pretty poor game

ajnotkeith

It wouldn't be hard for him at least to add a bit of lean muscle because he's absolutely rake thin. Hard to think of a single top player with a similar physique right now.

The low center of gravity can be great if you have strength and acceleration to support it.

Bobo32

He had some good actions on the ball, as well as some horrible turnovers due to his poor physique. Also a headless chicken without it. Pretty poor game

I didn't notice any turnovers, nevermind horrible ones or due to his physique I am sorry. If there is video of it please post.
I saw two missed passes, and one or two times where he didn't win the ball when he was pretty close to it.

This 'headless chicken' buzzword has really become a meme here, I wonder how many know what they really mean when they post it. I like his positioning.

Home of Barca Fans