Mavericky Puig

TRY_Aze

Puig, understandably, has regressed under Cowman. A player of his quality, who is creative and has the ability to jumpstart attacking potential, needs to do more. I'm sure he will be back to his best and more under Xavi.

Some friends here are on the lookout for a chance to judge Puig. Playtime they only focus on Puig. Their eyes do not see the mistakes of others.

JamDav1982

He is still a boy. I don't think he can cope with the highest pro-level against the real professional players

He is 22 and plays like a 15 year old who has some nice touches but is physically miles off it and positionally is naive.

Be interested to see what Xavi can make of him.

Already predicted the 'Koeman ruined him' narrative and coming strong.

ajnotkeith

Some friends here are on the lookout for a chance to judge Puig. Playtime they only focus on Puig. Their eyes do not see the mistakes of others.

Well another midfield prospect in Nico that's about two years his younger is fighting for minutes and to consolidate and he put in his best game with Barca so far. Compare to Puig who's also 'fighting' for minutes that put in an awful and even uncharacteristically lazy performance, he only drops further back.

Celta Vigo is not a good team. Nor was Dynamo Kyiv. Those are low level teams that any good player should usually look good against, and Puig is 22 not that young. If he has starter potential he'd show something in those games.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I'd be happy if he stays as a squad player and accepts the role. Probably won't be on big wages since clubs not after him and he apparently really wants to stay at barca.
Personality-wise seems like a snake though. And now more than before likely he was behind the leak. Nevertheless, still speculation on my part and will leave in the past.

TRY_Aze

Well another midfield prospect in Nico that's about two years his younger is fighting for minutes and to consolidate and he put in his best game with Barca so far. Compare to Puig who's also 'fighting' for minutes that put in an awful and even uncharacteristically lazy performance, he only drops further back.

Celta Vigo is not a good team. Nor was Dynamo Kyiv. Those are low level teams that any good player should usually look good against, and Puig is 22 not that young. If he has starter potential he'd show something in those games.

Okay, I agree that he didn't play well tonight, but what did he do to deserve the word "awful"? Was Gavi better? Mingueza? or Alba who loses ball every time? or our defenders who cant take a position in the penalty area? Stegen? Who was good? Is he responsible for the outcome of this match? In addition, Puig has not played in any champions league games this season.

serghei

Okay, I agree that he didn't play well tonight, but what did he do to deserve the word "awful"? Was Gavi better? Mingueza? or Alba who loses ball every time? or our defenders who cant take a position in the penalty area? Stegen? Who was good? Is he responsible for the outcome of this match? In addition, Puig has not played in any champions league games this season.

What's not to understand? If he doesn't play great, then he was awful.

ajnotkeith

My bad. Awful is too strong of a word. He wasn't awful but he was one of the worst players in the game to me and we got embarrassed by a relegation team after all the substitutions so I think he played a part in the comeback and was one of the worst players. Mingueza and MATS were down there with him.

Gavi is CM out of position playing in RW, I just compare Puig with the direct competitors this game which are Frenkie and Nico assuming Busi will not be dropped.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Obviously, you are taking things out of context here. Nico is doing well now just like Puig did well when he was first introduced, especially under QS. Let us assume this scenario: Xavi, as a head coach doesn't give Nico playing time despite the kid is showing great potential. Nico finds himself sitting and watching his team from the sidelines for months. I'm sure he will regress too and his confidence will be very low. Many members here suffer from a lack of critical thinking skills and contextomy.

JamDav1982

Puig started 4 times for Koeman last season and was shite in 3 of them.

Games he had to be taken off in for team to improve and turn it around.

That is why he didnt play more.

This idea he always plays well is laughable. He hasnt.

If he regressed that is on him not going out on loan when told multiple times was not in plans. Doesnt look like he has though. Looks exact same player.

ajnotkeith

Obviously, you are taking things out of context here. Nico is doing well now just like Puig did well when he was first introduced, especially under QS. Let us assume this scenario: Xavi, as a head coach doesn't give Nico playing time despite the kid is showing great potential. Nico finds himself sitting and watching his team from the sidelines for months. I'm sure he will regress too and his confidence will be very low. Many members here suffer from a lack of critical thinking skills and contextomy.

You are right to an extent but Puig is turning 23. He probably doesn't have a lot of room to grow at this point and he doesn't look like he improved much so what you're seeing could be the end product and we know enough about him now.

Is that the fault of Koeman? Probably not, but if Koeman was unfair, he had two seasons to go on loan.

mc_lovin

If you asked me yesterday who our U19 youth players were without prior knowledge I would have pointed to Balde, Abde and Puig. Find the mistake.

vegitot

His confidence should be high since his enemy is no longer here. His papa Xavi is watching him as well.

He sucks. Just that. And Nico has more Spain youth apperances than him :koeman:

Look like Sergi doesn't rate him. So you have 4 Barca coaches and several Spain's coaches. Let's see if Xavi will join this list or not.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans