Mavericky Puig

BusiTheKing

You think Puig is good mate

Simple.

Like, when I began my post with stating that he's "clearly not good enough"?

There's a pretty simple proof that his running off the ball, while pretty erratic and not always effective, still helps out teammates. It's that he gets the ball often.

Now, he might not always get the ball in a very lucrative position. But what does it say that he gets it often? It says the he is often the best option available for the player passing the ball. If there's a better option, surely the passer would pick that one. If he's in a non-lucrative position and still gets the ball, that likely means that there are no other available passing options and that he's had to move to a risky position to provide a station.

He might not progress the ball, but he might relieve the pressure for two or three seconds buying the time needed for a third player to get into an open position when the original player gets back the ball. This is the football we were very succesful with. If no-one else is going to seize those two purchased seconds and make a run, then I agree, Puig's action is useless, but then we have a bigger issue, which is not knowing what kind of football we want to play.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He helps team mates in as far as not playing with ten men helps.

Doesnt have an understanding how to play CM or how to move to make things easier for team mates and support them the way he should and others do.

Puig is about the midfielder with the least to offer and least understanding of the position and ability on ball by far.

He is nowhere near playing the style of football that made Barca great. He lacks basic awareness of what is going on around him. Blaming others for 'no one else is going to seize those chances' is ridiculous. It is Puig making them worse not other way round.

As said... look at how left hand side of pitch improved massively after half time when Nico went over there and Puig was taken out.

Puig has awful understanding of how to play as a CM for Barca.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Exact opposite of triggered chief.

I have a morning ritual that I need to share it with you JamSnitch. I call it "the Rickynator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed, I crouch there for a minute, visualizing Puig with either Arnold's body or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day thinking of how badass is Mavericky, he is a hybrid Tom Cruise with an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator's leg. It ruins the fantasy.

Let me know if this improves your miserable life. I'm here for you mate!

JamDav1982

GeorgeTheNonce.

Perfect name for you.

Nice to meet you on this thread again.

That makes more sense than trying to claim Xavi is in love with Xavi and will have him world class.

Keep to those efforts nonce.

Slevinn

I have a morning ritual that I need to share it with you JamSnitch. I call it "the Rickynator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed, I crouch there for a minute, visualizing Puig with either Arnold's body or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day thinking of how badass is Mavericky, he is a hybrid Tom Cruise with an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator's leg. It ruins the fantasy.

Let me know if this improves your miserable life. I'm here for you mate!
Robert Patrick? Meh.

frostdude1

I think we can start looking at him as the new Sergi Roberto. He?s gonna be a lifer here and accept being a bench player. THATS NOT A BAD THING!

Every team needs players like these. Players who come up through the academy and can be squad players and accept different roles and get reasonable wages.

I don?t understand why some of you think that?s not a good thing!
Especially in our financial situation at the moment.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think we can start looking at him as the new Sergi Roberto. He?s gonna be a lifer here and accept being a bench player. THATS NOT A BAD THING!

Every team needs players like these. Players who come up through the academy and can be squad players and accept different roles and get reasonable wages.

I don?t understand why some of you think that?s not a good thing!
Especially in our financial situation at the moment.

New Sergi Roberto? Sergi Roberto had multitude of positions he could play going for him.

Bobo32

New Sergi Roberto? Sergi Roberto had multitude of positions he could play going for him.

Thought your mention would be in this thread, but instead it was in the music thread for that terrible song, which I don't know why you'd relate to me!?
Riqui Puig could play in any position but the defence - I don't think he'd be a good full back like Sergi Roberto. But MC, OMC, winger or striker he'd do decently and maybe even DMC.

edit: oh I am sorry, I will listen to your mastodont song, but I refuse to agree bohemian rhapsody is "cool"

Horatio

You're welcome
Thought your mention would be in this thread, but instead it was in the music thread for that terrible song, which I don't know why you'd relate to me!?
Riqui Puig could play in any position but the defence - I don't think he'd be a good full back like Sergi Roberto. But MC, OMC, winger or striker he'd do decently and maybe even DMC.

Would be destroyed physically as striker against decent defense.

Bobo32

Would be destroyed physically as striker against decent defense.

He wouldn't be a poacher or compete with Luuk or even Neymar on crossing conversion ability lol, but I think he could play well as a false 9, timing when to meet or when to run in behind. I would really like to see it, but unfortunately Depay is already back it seems, and Xavi seemingly lives and dies by Koemans words about playing players on their "natural position"...

Well he did score more goals from the head per minute than most Barcelona players probably :)

Catta

Wouldn't surprise me if he had played his last minutes this season in the last match. If we don't have another injury crisis, he won't get anymore chances.

Home of Barca Fans