Mavericky Puig

Messi983

Both his and Mingueza's transfers are kind of like loans. Left for free but we retain a buy back option and 50% on future transfer. Should be very cheap to get back.

But I'm having a hard time seeing he's going to get his career up and running. He missed a lot of development years, now the task first and foremost is to revive the career rather than elevate it.

In theory this looks good but I think betting on 50% of future transfers really only pays out if you sell to midtable EPL clubs like Brighton. We've seen how much Cucu's value has increased in just a year. Now ofc this won't happen with every player but could easily earn 10-15m this way if selling to EPL. In La Liga and other leagues getting that kind of money is much less likely.

With Mingueza is very unlikely Celta will ever sell him for more than 10m and even that's (too) optimistic. So I'd prefer to get 2-3m right now and only 10-20% of future sale and I don't think we'd lose much if any future money but we'd get money to the club in times we need it not in 2-3 years when we probably won't be in that bad financial situation anymore. Sure, 3m in isolation for Oscar doesn't look much but you do the same with 3 players (Oscar, Riqui and Manaj for example) and we can talk about close to 10m.

Buy back options also don't do much with me for players who had more than a season to prove their worth in the first team and are almost impossible to ever be good enough to return and probably not even be worth bringing back to sell for a profit either.

Would be a different story if we'd do that with younger players like Balde or Nico who could still "explode" with regular playing time at higher level. Tbh if one or both of them won't have a spot in the team next season would actually prefer to sell with buy back than pure loans because buying team would have more incentive to play them if they could actually earn something with them. Ofc not always the case but most teams treat players they consider their own (even if they are still under our control as well) different than loanees.

snowy

Ricky Crips gonna Bang Bang his sets cruzin for spicy taco sushis

Nortenos & Wah Ching gang betta watch out :cool:

gregorrin10

It seems we're finally becoming a serious football club again. Nice to see.

If god willing, Neto to Bournemouth seems to be done, Umtiti to Olympiakos is close too (although with him and having to still pass a medical you just never know), terminate Braithwaite, give Pjanic to someone, and then next summer Busquets, Pique, Roberto, Alba, Ter Stegen are to follow hopefully. Then only after that, we'll finally have a healthy core again, and no bums left stealing a living here.

vuji_31

It seems we're finally becoming a serious football club again. Nice to see.

If god willing, Neto to Bournemouth seems to be done, Umtiti to Olympiakos is close too (although with him and having to still pass a medical you just never know), terminate Braithwaite, give Pjanic to someone, and then next summer Busquets, Pique, Roberto, Alba, Ter Stegen are to follow hopefully. Then only after that, we'll finally have a healthy core again, and no bums left stealing a living here.

Totally agree, we will get rid of idiots next year and finnaly be free from big wages and players that are not even close to Barca lvl.

After years of Barto shit, I am finally seeing reasonable and logic moves from board.

If manage to get rid off Umtiti, Braithwaite and Pjanic it will be miracle.

Some reports say that Pjanic is willing to take pay cut...

vegitot

No 1500 minutes under Xavi, big L for serghei.

Doubt this bum can get 1500 minutes for LA. Maybe 1500 minutes in night club :puig:

Andresito

Staff member
In theory this looks good but I think betting on 50% of future transfers really only pays out if you sell to midtable EPL clubs like Brighton. We've seen how much Cucu's value has increased in just a year. Now ofc this won't happen with every player but could easily earn 10-15m this way if selling to EPL. In La Liga and other leagues getting that kind of money is much less likely.

With Mingueza is very unlikely Celta will ever sell him for more than 10m and even that's (too) optimistic. So I'd prefer to get 2-3m right now and only 10-20% of future sale and I don't think we'd lose much if any future money but we'd get money to the club in times we need it not in 2-3 years when we probably won't be in that bad financial situation anymore. Sure, 3m in isolation for Oscar doesn't look much but you do the same with 3 players (Oscar, Riqui and Manaj for example) and we can talk about close to 10m.

Buy back options also don't do much with me for players who had more than a season to prove their worth in the first team and are almost impossible to ever be good enough to return and probably not even be worth bringing back to sell for a profit either.

Would be a different story if we'd do that with younger players like Balde or Nico who could still "explode" with regular playing time at higher level. Tbh if one or both of them won't have a spot in the team next season would actually prefer to sell with buy back than pure loans because buying team would have more incentive to play them if they could actually earn something with them. Ofc not always the case but most teams treat players they consider their own (even if they are still under our control as well) different than loanees.

I don't really count on us making too much money off those 50%, but they do reduce the transfer fee by half IF we are to get them back.

Kul_z

Imagine being 23, make a transfer and they use mostly youth clips in edit for unveiling. Fucking glad he's gone

Messi983

I don't really count on us making too much money off those 50%, but they do reduce the transfer fee by half IF we are to get them back.

Well, we also have a buy back so can bring them back for a fixed fee so this is probably irrelevant anyway.

Just trying to make a deal look better but in reality we're just giving the players away for nothing.

FC Free/FutureFee-aLoana

Home of Barca Fans