Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

This was your reply not mine.

Now you can't even bet on something you are so sure about.

Knowing your beta personality I actually knew you won't bet. You remind me of a movie character, the servant of Lord Voldemort with rat-like features in the Harry Potter series.

View attachment 9283

Nah Georgie.

I am happy to wait to see how Puig gets on v Real and then comment on it or comment on Xavi showing little/no trust in him again.

Either way I dont want you to stop posting and I dont want to stop posting should he play.

Would rather you posted more.

As said if you want to make a bet on how Puig ends up under Xavi go for it.

Bobo32

There was a lot of Newman energy in his "everyone to the Puig thread" comment and later behaviour. Earlier too.

fergus90

Bringing on Sanz was a very telling sign. I know there's always a huge debate in this thread and I do think Puig has his uses but it would take a miracle at this point for his Barca career to kick on.

ajnotkeith

It also shows that Xavi is thinking defensively first in match closeout situations. Cant argue too much against that with 10 men, but in theory Puig could have found more outlets to Depay and Abde to counter.

But would Puig have achieved that if at that moment the rest of the team had stopped running?

It makes me think.. he spoke when he became manager about how the 60-70min dropoff was just psychological, how Barca should defend with the ball etc and that he'll easily fix it. But he is doing exactly the same things that caused that issue.

He is starting a bunch of old players, making defensive subs and telling the team to sit back after we gain a lead (despite his proclamations to the contrary, we have seen that every time we get a lead now, it is clear the players are interpreting his instructions in that way at the moment). It's evidently clear why we have that 70min dropoff and despite all he said about how he knows the issue he is doing the exact things that lead to it.

As it regards to Puig, despite not being the biggest fan, he was good against Mallorca and assisted with moving the ball. Against a Granada who like to sit back he could add some energy and try and break the lines. After 10 men, maybe no, but he should have made a change earlier had it been Sanz or Puig as midfield was ineffective all game.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Tbh him choosing Sanz over Puig shocked me. He obv doesn't rate Puig that high but several players were on a yellow and another red would have meant a loss, yet he thought the difference between Sanz and Puig was big enough to risk it in that situation.

I think the sub is more likely because Xavi intends to start Puig in the Super Cup in 4 days.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe, but I think Xavi just doesn't rate him very highly.

Both Gavi and Nico jumping ahead of him should be alarming for everyone still believing in Riqui's potential as an impact player or starter for Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Actually I think Pedri will be back for the Super Cup game so I expect to see a Pedri - Busquets - Nico midfield.

Catta

I think the sub is more likely because Xavi intends to start Puig in the Super Cup in 4 days.

Why do you think that Xavi will give him a chance against Real.

The guy can't cut it against third division teams, and you think he will start against La Ligas best team.

Subbing on Sanz instead of him was the final nail for his Barca career, and should be a wake up call for all the Puig fanboys, that he is just a false footballer, a guy who only cares about the fame from being a Barca player.

Or maybe Xavi hates him, like all the other coaches before. Everybody hates Puig.

ajnotkeith

No one is taking into account there's a Super Cup game in 4 days (in any of Xavi's decisions today).

Nico played mid week Copa 90 minutes and started today. Puig has already had plenty of rest this season, don't think Xavi saved him from playing 20 minutes for the Supercopa.

Home of Barca Fans