Maxwell

jairzinho

As harsh as this may sound, Abidal's long injury layoff had its benefits. It allowed Maxy to get more playing time which went a long way in helping him settle into the team especially as this is his first season with us. Now his confidence is high and he is playing good football. for the first time in a couple season, we have 2 good left backs, who can contribute when we need them. :p

Vigan27

As harsh as this may sound, Abidal's long injury layoff had its benefits. It allowed Maxy to get more playing time which went a long way in helping him settle into the team especially as this is his first season with us. Now his confidence is high and he is playing good football. for the first time in a couple season, we have 2 good left backs, who can contribute when we need them. :p

Couldn’t agree more with you...

7Skies

You guys think Maxwell will improve even more? Or stay at relatively the same level (maybe just a bit better). Because he is like 28 now...

I think the more familiar he becomes with our style and tactics, as well as team chemistry and playing against guys like Leo everyday in practice, he will improve with time. Maybe not the best LWB in the world but someone who is solid and dependable, like he showed so often this season.

Last edited:

Olsend

You guys think Maxwell will improve even more? Or stay at relatively the same level (maybe just a bit better). Because he is like 28 now...

I think the more familiar he becomes with our style and tactics, as well as team chemistry and playing against guys like Leo everyday in practice, he will improve with time. Maybe not the best LWB in the world but someone who is solid and dependable, like he showed so often this season.

I think he still has at least 4 years of improvement until age will catch him.

Yesterday Maxi was very solid on our defence, improved his defending position and his passes are delicious. I like his backheels :)

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Maybe not the best LWB in the world but someone who is solid and dependable, like he showed so often this season.
That is exactly what we need: a player that fits the teams style and we can count on. He isn't even first choice at his positions so that makes it even better.

We have other players to be the world's best. We need players that accomodate that. Maxwell has done it the past weeks.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
For £3.5 million he is the signing of the season. 28 is still fairly young, he could stay for at least 4 more years.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
A youngster capable of playing at both the full back positions(A younger Maxwell you could say;)) now would be awesome because this guy could give competition to FOUR positions in our system and hence could now be considered one of the main players IMO... at least he can be trusted with playing minutes every match irrespective of the opponent

DaniAlves

A youngster capable of playing at both the full back positions(A younger Maxwell you could say;)) now would be awesome because this guy could give competition to FOUR positions in our system and hence could now be considered one of the main players IMO... at least he can be trusted with playing minutes every match irrespective of the opponent

Yeah this is great! Maxwell will allow us to circulate players more often, which will give us a team with many fresh legs. :)

barca96

i used to follow inter cos of ibra.
from what i've seen santon is good, definitely for the future but maxwell is better.
i thought that mourinho played santon to put an italian in the team as they dont really have that many of them.

Home of Barca Fans