Mehdi Benatia

SwiftGuyver

i seriously hope we just buy both Benatia & Marquinhos this summer.

we have needed to address our defensive issues for years now and with Puyol retiring and a trophyless season the timing is now perfect to make some pretty major changes.

35m + Alves for Marquinhos
40-45m for Benatia

Marquinhos/Montoya
Piqué/Bartra
Benatia/Marquinhos
Alba/Adriano

DO IT.

:zubi:

i seriously hope we just buy both Benatia & Marquinhos this summer.

we have needed to address our defensive issues for years now and with Puyol retiring and a trophyless season the timing is now perfect to make some pretty major changes.

35m + Alves for Marquinhos
40-45m for Benatia

Marquinhos/Montoya
Piqué/Bartra
Benatia/Marquinhos
Alba/Adriano

DO IT.

:zubi:

35m + Alves? :lol:

If we're including Alves, make the money portion 15m, 20m tops. If they refuse and we really want him, pay 40m (he's not worth it but it's a better deal than 35m + Alves). If they still refuse, and we really want a young CB, then forget Marquinhos and just activate Laporte's buyout clause (not a bargain by any means, but still).

Benatia + Marquinhos would be awesome but expensive as shit. If we do get both, I hope we have enough money to reinforce other areas of the squad, like CM. And we're going to have to overpay for those other signings too. Oh, and if we're getting both, Benatia better be the priority.

Last edited:

SwiftGuyver

obviously i really rate Laporte but personally i'd rather we get Marquinhos as he can play CB and RB so could cover RB with Montoya and offer cover/depth for Benatia at CB. Piqué & Benatia as our first choice CB pairing next season with two great young prospects (Bartra & Marquinhos) as backup options/possible future starters.

i'm fed up with Alves, i don't want to see Mascherano playing at CB next season and if we are realistically facing a transfer ban next summer then please let's just spend double now and get all the replacements/squad depth we are going to need.

35m + Alves would be fine IMO based on the current market/our current needs/looking to the future etc etc.

i'm really happy with Lucho coming in as manager (he would have been my choice along with de Boer) and the signings of ter Stegen & Halilović so far, i just hope we keep up the good work.

Shegzy

stones can play as a cb and rb and he is as fast as marquinhos and taller than him and will be cheaper than him also and they are of the same age

SwiftGuyver

go and tell Zubi & Co then.

i rate Stones but the only media rumours i've seen so far have linked us with Benatia & Marquinhos.

ammarfcb

ze special one
stones can play as a cb and rb and he is as fast as marquinhos and taller than him and will be cheaper than him also and they are of the same age

indeed. if its benatia and a young cb then i'd take stone over 35m marquinhos any day.

If we get Marquinhos, I hope the increased competition doesn't tempt Benatia away. I mean, he'll still easily walk into our starting lineup, but still...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not that I dislike Marquinhos, on the contrary, but 35 mil. is a bit too much for my liking. There's age to consider, I know, but it's not like there are awesome right backs out there. Dani is still among the best in his position.
I do like versatility of Marquinhos. Apart from CB and RB he played some games on the left side of the defense while in Roma.

Neymessi

If we get Marquinhos, I hope the increased competition doesn't tempt Benatia away. I mean, he'll still easily walk into our starting lineup, but still...

Nah.The defensive competition is still much more in city than us even if we get marquinhos so he would still choose us if "competition" is the main factor.

Home of Barca Fans