Mehdi Benatia

Egert

Estonian Culé
Calma, in a few weeks we'll have some news I think.
Tomchin, I gotta say, you are quite a detective.

40M too much? Are you fucking kidding me?

We can't afford to be stingy here. If Roma wants 40M, give them 40M. We will have to overpay no matter who we get.

Good thing that report came from MD, so it could be BS.

cro-man

40M too much? Are you fucking kidding me?

We can't afford to be stingy here. If Roma wants 40M, pay them 40M.

Good thing that report came from MD, so it could be BS.

Even if give them 40 m city and chelsea wont give up and overbid us. If the story is true.... It wont be easy to sign him because there are to many clubs after him.

Even if give them 40 m city and chelsea wont give up and overbid us. If the story is true.... It wont be easy to sign him because there are to many clubs after him.

Aren't City restricted by FFP? And we supposedly have a 120m transfer budget. We should be able to compete with them.

Doobs

The Messiah
I think they're backing out to avoid a bidding war with City or Chelsea which would only drive the price up further. We're relying on him wanting to join us at this point. I might be wrong but whatever.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We're really not in the position to be greedy right now. Pay them what they want or deeply regret it later.

NeyMesSis

Its not as easy guys.. you cant go to roma and say:

Barca: OK, we pay the 40 mio.
City, Chelsea: Well then we pay 50 mio.

and then the price would already be over 50-60 mio.

To do such transfers you need more than one week.. Let's give our board some time

but to who am I saying? you all surely could do this job 100x better then zubi etc.. experts!

Qqqq

Its not as easy guys.. you cant go to roma and say:

Barca: OK, we pay the 40 mio.
City, Chelsea: Well then we pay 50 mio.

and then the price would already be over 50-60 mio.

To do such transfers you need more than one week.. Let's give our board some time

but to who am I saying? you all surely could do this job 100x better then zubi etc.. experts!

No. But there probably is more than a few in the world of football who could.

PaulFCB

Banned
If they can't get him then they should stop focusing on one top target at a time and always have the plane ticket ready for another run.

Doing it like this, by the time they get to a Hummels or whatever, Zubi would be with his pants on the floor and "I can pay 40m for him" written on his butt, in the press where any small rumor translates in "X already on the plane to Camp Nou"... then comes Txiki laughing with a private Etihad Airbus "here's 100 from Arabia.. ,Farca, Mwjajajaja, peasants".

Last edited:

Bertus

I think they're backing out to avoid a bidding war with City or Chelsea which would only drive the price up further. We're relying on him wanting to join us at this point. I might be wrong but whatever.

It doesn't always work.

- If another historic club enter the course, you have to compet
- The player might prefer money. If City or chelsea offer a better contract, you might be in trouble
- It happens clubs just refuse despite a player wanting to leave (example: Suarez, Lewandowski etc.)

I think the situation is not like it was before. Historic clubs have harder times just relying on their status to attract players. And what's troubling is that Zubi for example, has hard times understanding it (see how he was mad last year because TS preferred PSG (AKA money) over barcelona, and how Rosell was mad because Nasser just rejected any talk with him, as if it was a crime to say gtfo to the great barcelona)

If you really want Benatia, you should just pay for it. It's not a DL case here, benatia is awesome and everyone but retarded Nasser agrees on that.

Doobs

The Messiah
If we put 40 mill on the table, Roma will say theres a bid of 45.. Benatia must tell Roma which club he wants to go to. Otherwise the price will continue to rise. On the other hand, if we back out and say no thank you, and of course there is no such bid from another club, they will be forced to close the bidding.

PaulFCB

Banned
Well, it's not exactly eBay, if Roma keeps treating our team like a bidder on the internet it means our have simply modest skills in this business.
And tbh, might not be just our case, after all, Real end up paying huge sums of cash for their targets and never seem to get a discount but actually have to raise their bids at least a couple of times till they get access to the round table. Must be a Spanish way of handling their wallets in everyday life.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans