Mehdi Benatia

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently Bayern are not interested anymore, they are content with Badstuber who is returning from a long injury stint. Man City are getting Mangala. Chelsea the only option now if he really leaves. :pep:

So stay in Roma, Mehdi. Hopefully you'll draw Real Madrid in the CL group stages and kick their ass!

XaviMessiGirl

I do think that Benatia will stay atleast one more year though. Rumours have been going around that Astori is being signed as a replacement for Benatia, but to me it looks like they just wanted to add some depth and competition for those two positions.

I would be suprised if he leaves now.

I agree, plus they have several young CB prospects, but probably want to keep Benatia in order to develop those players for another season first (Romagnoli, Paredes, Jedvaj, Capradossi...)

Just saying that a contract renewal doesn't automatically mean the end of everything as we've seen today.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Apparently Bayern are not interested anymore, they are content with Badstuber who is returning from a long injury stint. Man City are getting Mangala. Chelsea the only option now if he really leaves. :pep:

So stay in Roma, Mehdi. Hopefully you'll draw Real Madrid in the CL group stages and kick their ass!

Maybe they should avoid them. I can see Real Madrid get rid of Pepe and bring in Benatia next summer, if he impresses too much.

LeeRomeno

Why do people who have clearly not watched a single Roma game in their lives want him so hard? :lol: A few months ago this forum obviously didn't even know of his existence. I remember there were 0 discussions about him last summer when Barca had the same defensive desperation. Even when he moved for € 13M no one said "OMG, we lost a gem, I'm so pissed". Until December 2013 this thread had a whooping 2 pages. It's so obvious people are just name-dropping the recent hype it's not even funny. :lol:

What people don't know is that the effect of Rudi Garcia on defenders is compareable to Simeone on Miranda and Godin. If you don't believe me then ask Lille fans about their league winning season under Garcia where Adil "on loan with option to buy at AC Milan" Rami and freaking Galatasaray legend Chedjou were the centerback partnership and boasting the 2nd best defensive record in the league. :lol:

Paying € 50M for Benatia would be like spending € 50M on Godin. Except that Godin is actually proven at a higher level and knows the league.

Such a good post! And absolutely true as well, people keep forgetting that football is a teamplay and coaches play massive roles in either making some players look good or other way round.

PaulFCB

Banned
Such a good post! And absolutely true as well, people keep forgetting that football is a teamplay and coaches play massive roles in either making some players look good or other way round.

So true, everybody is nuts for Benatia but only a few know just a bit about him, he's just inflated by the articles of May when the initial rumors started.

Ghost

Why do people who have clearly not watched a single Roma game in their lives want him so hard? :lol: A few months ago this forum obviously didn't even know of his existence. I remember there were 0 discussions about him last summer when Barca had the same defensive desperation. Even when he moved for € 13M no one said "OMG, we lost a gem, I'm so pissed". Until December 2013 this thread had a whooping 2 pages. It's so obvious people are just name-dropping the recent hype it's not even funny. :lol:

What people don't know is that the effect of Rudi Garcia on defenders is compareable to Simeone on Miranda and Godin. If you don't believe me then ask Lille fans about their league winning season under Garcia where Adil "on loan with option to buy at AC Milan" Rami and freaking Galatasaray legend Chedjou were the centerback partnership and boasting the 2nd best defensive record in the league. :lol:

Paying € 50M for Benatia would be like spending € 50M on Godin. Except that Godin is actually proven at a higher level and knows the league.
DonAndres vs Ursegor for poster of the year.

Home of Barca Fans