Memphis Depay

Bobo32

That relentless trying will always stay in him unless he makes a crazy u turn. I have never seen him different even after crazy critics. He?s a very unpredictable player and his teammates will be irritated sometimes because he can shoot 3 times in a row from impossible angles.

He will stay a hard working player no matter what. In Holland some people really hate him and he knows thar but on the other hand can create something out of nothing and win the match for you. He?s that sort of player. The reason why he drops deep is because in the youth he was a 10 and he has good build up play. He will do this more when nobody creates from midfield. Then he wants to show what he can do in terms of through and long balls. But i understand what you mean because somebody has to be in the box to finish. Maybe it?s better for him to come from the left and have some freedom so Braitwate ( in lack of better players but i dont think he?s that bad ) or Aguero can stay up front.

In form he can produce magic so lets hope it will be for a full year

Yeah okay I understand what you mean and I have about the same view of the player.
It's good that you never saw him lower his workrate, sometimes similar players are a bit dependent on outside factors to play like that...

Would you agree that it was lucky for Depay (and for Barcelona) that Messi didn't stay as they probably wouldn't fit very well together? (Obviously I'd prefer Messi to stay)
I listened to Sid Lowe the other day too, and he spoke about how he has the perfect mentality that Barcelona need now with Messi gone, and I might agree.

Regarding tactics, I just hope Koeman keeps 3 in midfield and develop their understanding, then I think he always seem to prefer the attackers to play pretty fluidly - it will be Depay, Griezmann and one more, maybe Demir. It doesn't appear to be very important who starts in the centre or on the flank... When he played 4-2-3-1 last season it looked like a brazilian 4-2-4 with four free players up top - it worked pretty well until it didn't, I don't believe in it.

Rassvet

Great performance. He looks better off the left so I hope he plays there with Braithwaite as the 9 rather than vice-versa

Home of Barca Fans