Memphis Depay

JamDav1982

You're full of shit mate. Even last season Messi scored vs PSG and was our most dangerous player. Stop embarrassing yourself.

If one big game is the standard compared to last season. Compare when season is over.

Messi clearly better but was invisible in a lot of big Barca games.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Yeah super dangerous. Did nothing for years anytime we faced adversity. Nothing in Clasico, nothing against Atletico, nothing in CL knockouts.
Long time ago that Messi decided those matches.

Also missed a penalty and clear chances against PSG.

malvolio

I don't remember whether he played in the home leg, and he missed a crucial penalty in the second that could be the start of a comeback. But he was generally good in that game, it was Dembele who missed about 3-4 clear-cut chances.

Sure you don't remember, played a wonderful pass to FDJ that resulted in the penalty he transformed.

Scored a wonder goal in return, but missed a so called crucial penalty.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Sure you don't remember, played a wonderful pass to FDJ that resulted in the penalty he transformed.

It is not a "so-called" crucial penalty, it was an important penalty that he unfortunately missed. But it is what it is, can't blame him for that, penalties are mostly luck.

JamDav1982

Of course it was a crucial penalty. It would have made it 2-1 with PSG shitting themselves and feeling the pressure.

Happens though.

malvolio

Yeah super dangerous. Did nothing for years anytime we faced adversity. Nothing in Clasico, nothing against Atletico, nothing in CL knockouts.
Long time ago that Messi decided those matches.

Also missed a penalty and clear chances against PSG.

Get glasses son, he was our most dangerous player in any KO humiliation we suffered. Long time ago my ass, when he basically put us in the final vs Liverpool.

Messi had competent teams around him, not Setiens and Koemans on the bench and Griezmann or Braithwaite as partners.

Bobo32

Y'all are being way too harsh on him. He will come good vs most LL teams.

Yeah as I predicted after literally the last game: soon I will be the one defending him here. Already today it seems, he was obviously terrible as predicted, but he also did some good things from tough positions. This is his level, unpredictable and a decent player for a bad team.

JamDav1982

Get glasses son, he was our most dangerous player in any KO humiliation we suffered. Long time ago my ass, when he basically put us in the final vs Liverpool.

Messi had competent teams around him, not Setiens and Koemans on the bench and Griezmann or Braithwaite as partners.

He was nowhere near most dangerous player in Roma elimination, Bayern, Juve or Atletico.

Why does his penalty miss not matter or is it not crucial? Rules constantly change.

malvolio

It is not a "so-called" crucial penalty, it was an important penalty that he unfortunately missed. But it is what it is, can't blame him for that, penalties are mostly luck.

Crucial is not the same as important. We discussed this before, PSG was still in command of the tie. It's not as if we knew for sure they wouldn't have scored and we would have definitely scored another

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yeah as I predicted after literally the last game: soon I will be the one defending him here. Already today it seems, he was obviously terrible as predicted, but he also did some good things from tough positions. This is his level, unpredictable and a decent player for a bad team.

Weren't you saying you would be the "only one" to defend him when other turn on him? Everyone in this thread is saying that he had a bad game but not much could be done against Bayern, and he will show his worth in La Liga. Stop lying mate

Crucial is not the same as important. We discussed this before, PSG was still in command of the tie. It's not as if we knew for sure they wouldn't have scored and we would have definitely scored another

Rewatch that game. PSG were shitting themselves from the start with us creating an obscene amount of chances.

JamDav1982

Could very well have been crucial.

Seems the rules are when Messi scores it is a big game but when misses pen it doesnt mean all that much as PSG still in strong position to go through.

malvolio

Could very well have been crucial.

Seems the rules are when Messi scores it is a big game but when misses pen it doesnt mean all that much as PSG still in strong position to go through.

Could very well have been :lol:

Not saying it doesn't mean anything, but you're making it out as if that was the goal that wins the tie. When in fact we were never in the tie to begin with.

Bobo32

Weren't you saying you would be the "only one" to defend him when other turn on him? Everyone in this thread is saying that he had a bad game but not much could be done against Bayern, and he will show his worth in La Liga. Stop lying mate

Stop bitching mate.
Let's see what happens with this player, I am pretty sure he'll play quite a few games like this in the league too.

Home of Barca Fans