Memphis Depay

fergus90

I wonder if he has Koeman clause. If Koeman leaves, he can to.

That would suck.

We might have to keep Koemam just because Memphis

If it comes to that..

Hopefully things go well and Koeman can continue long time

It wouldn’t come to that. It would be a fundamentally terrible idea to keep a manager for the sake of one player. Not that Memphis would demand that as he’s played football plenty of times without needing Koeman to hold his hand.

Koeman will stay if the team plays well and achieves things, or evident progress is being made in the transition.

Messi983

I wonder if he has Koeman clause. If Koeman leaves, he can to.

That would suck.

We might have to keep Koemam just because Memphis

If it comes to that..

Hopefully things go well and Koeman can continue long time

I doubt he has. I think Koeman was one of the reasons why he insisted on a shorter term 2+1 contract instead of signing for 4 years because he didn't know who next coach after him would be and what plans he'd have with him though. The other reason for shorter contract was obviously financial. He took lower contract than he could get elsewhere to join us and will either renew here with higher wages if he proves himself as a key player when our finances will be better or he gets a chance to get his (probably) last big pay day in other club when he'll become a free agent aged 29/30.

Either way if he'll help us to get through this transition period and then leave while in the mean time we'll hopefully find and develop younger players to replace him his signing would be successfull from my perspective. But if he's willing to stay for 4-5 years in a role and for wages club is comfortable giving him then I'm ok with that as well. He could certainly give some good advices to players in their early twenties (which we already have a few with more surely coming) about what not to do at their age when they join a big club from his past Man United experience. He was a young, "stupid" kid with millions on his bank acount and high expectations back then and nowadays he's a more experienced and mature man entering/in his prime years who knows what it takes to make a step or two back in your career to eventually get back to the top.

Devils

Leave me out the comments, leave me out the nonsense.

I told you hoes this guy was the real deal.

To think, some people didn't even want him on a free transfer.

Freaks.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Leave me out the comments, leave me out the nonsense.

I told you hoes this guy was the real deal.

To think, some people didn't even want him on a free transfer.

Freaks.

You'll get clear of your Dembele debt only if Depay has a good season :coffee:

Devils

E-yP51gWEAcTcPb

Iconic. Prolific.

behindbrowneyes

This man can turn out to be the golden boy for the club in the post Messi-era as he definitely knows a thing or two about self-marketing and creating an iconic brand. If he can manage to keep his football at the level he has introduced himself still lies in the stars, but he has all it takes to be the glamorous main man the club desperately needs. Messi was it due to his footballing class, but Memphis has something around him that reminds of PR-machines like CR or Becks. That's something very important in the age of Social Media.

JamDav1982

Lucky Busquets was playing as he would have been worst on park.

Needs to sort out how he holds up the ball. Keep it simple and stop fucking falling down looking for fouls that ref can see coming a mile off.

Joan

Poor match start to finish. Couldn't cope with Bayern and don't think he held onto the ball once.

HanDW

I think he did fine in the first half all things considered but second half he just gave up, was just jogging around aimlessly.

fergus90

I thought he was abysmal all game bar a couple moments, to be honest about it. Was an absolute giveaway merchant or kept resorting to throwing himself to the ground.

Home of Barca Fans