Memphis Depay

Masetro10

Start him right away over Torres. Not because Torres is bad but because we need proven finishers out there. Torres does nice things but Depay is just better at the moment.

Horatio

You're welcome
He doesn't need to carry the attack all by himself anymore. With the midfield and forward line improved, I expect him to also play much better.

Even though I have been supportive of him since his signing was announced and of course I want him to do well because NL team, Auba is at way higher level than him. Memphis can still be very frustrating in box. I think Xavi will keep him low in pecking order. Prefers Ferran and Ansu is also better than him.
But solid game with nice passing today.

Porque

Nice to see him back, and with a goal too.

There's a different air in the team right now. If Xavi plays it well, he can keep this forward line happy and rotating.

serghei

Start him right away over Torres. Not because Torres is bad but because we need proven finishers out there. Torres does nice things but Depay is just better at the moment.

Xavi will rotate more in attack if everyone delivers at the current level.

FinBarcelonafan

I think we'll see a different Depay now that he is playing in a functioning team. He is technically very good and has goals in him. Before we expected him to do everything on his own and he is not that kind of player.

This. Looked instantly better than Torres.

He could look good with this better team. He isn't good enough to carry team with Jugla, Abde, Luuk as starters because he is no Messi but now we will get more out of him.

Porque

This. Looked instantly better than Torres.

He could look good with this better team. He isn't good enough to carry team with Jugla, Abde, Luuk as starters because he is no Messi but now we will get more out of him.

Memphis Depay 20/21 with Lyon. 40 games / 20 goals / 12 assists. They played with pace on the counters. And infact direct speed in general attack.

Memphis attacking partners = Toko Ekambi + Moussa Dembele. Supported creatively by Lucas Paqueta behind.

Barcelona attacking partners = Dembele (pace), Adama (pace), Auba (pace) + Ferran. Creative support = Pedri.

It seems if Depay gets opportunties, we have the players and finally the style of play to bring the best out of him. Let's see, because Xavi will undoubtedly (and with reason) give Ferran every opportunity to adapt before him.

Bobo32

His best appearance since joining. Looked quick, was pretty involved, didn't fail, and scored a goal nicely. Hope it doesn't confuse Xavi, but a nice little appearance!

Home of Barca Fans