Memphis Depay

Horatio

You're welcome
lol when Bobo thought this guy would be a party animal a la Neymar.

Highly professional so far, as I have said he would be.

[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION]

ajnotkeith

It's kind of crazy that he has 10 LL goals this season especially considering he missed a couple months from injury. I think 4 or 5 are penalties but still, not a bad return.

I think when he was the star man in attack he was really, really dragging us down - but if he can be a supportive player in the final third and combine well with the new attackers, that he could come back to being a starter.

Dembele is the definition of hot and cold, Ferran is having a difficult start, there can be space for Memphis

Bobo32

lol when Bobo thought this guy would be a party animal a la Neymar.

Highly professional so far, as I have said he would be.

[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION]

? Can you find and quote where I said anything remotely close to that?
Maybe I was drunk and fooled around sometime, because I don't think you'd LIE! :)

Depay has looked much better and quicker than before in these two short appearances, but I don't hope he gets any more minutes, all the options are better than him.

Since goals is the argument: in non penalty goals, Luuk has scored more than twice the goals per minute compared to Depay. Braithwaite scored close to thrice the amount. Aubameyang and Fati very close to four times the amount of Depay. Sergi Roberto, Jutgla and Aguero all scored more than Depay per minute. Ferran Torres is still just behind Depay, but he has on the other hand given almost double the assists per minute.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Problem with Memphis is that he can't handle being the main man in attack. Now that we have proper attackers he should improve

But for now I think Ferran, Auba, Dembele is our best front three. None of them are set in stone though so Memphis and Adama better be ready.

FinBarcelonafan

It's kind of crazy that he has 10 LL goals this season especially considering he missed a couple months from injury. I think 4 or 5 are penalties but still, not a bad return.

I think when he was the star man in attack he was really, really dragging us down - but if he can be a supportive player in the final third and combine well with the new attackers, that he could come back to being a starter.

Dembele is the definition of hot and cold, Ferran is having a difficult start, there can be space for Memphis

He was never going to be main guy for Barca level but as a support he could work. We have decent offense now with good depth. Finally.

Porque

Problem with Memphis is that he can't handle being the main man in attack. Now that we have proper attackers he should improve

But for now I think Ferran, Auba, Dembele is our best front three. None of them are set in stone though so Memphis and Adama better be ready.

Not many could have. The team for the first half of the season (or until Xavi came and got some signings) was in complete disarray. Koeman having a melt down and not being supported, Messi leaving, Pedri injured, etc.

We started the season with a front trio of Braithwaite-Depay-Griezmann. Then sold Griezmann on the last minute and Braithwaite (who was never any good tbh) got injured.

I'm hopeful that Depay can be very good rotation option right now. I expect he will get a start on Thursday.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

In an ideal situation, there shouldn't even be a main man. Team and attack should be homogenous and current Barca is close to being exactly that.

behindbrowneyes

Memphis has scored 15 penalty goals out of 16 penalty kicks since 19/20 in club games.

A penalty success rate of 93.75%. The only one he missed was in the loss against Rayo, which led to the sack of Koeman, so that should make him a legend to some.

There are some who make fun of a high number of penalty goals, but it is an undervalued quality. Griezmann, Messi and some others missed quite a few in recent history.

Home of Barca Fans