Memphis Depay

jamrock

If xavi was playing him instead of ferran & have him get some rhythm, he would be doing much better than the non dribbling winger we have now.

Bobo32

If xavi was playing him instead of ferran & have him get some rhythm, he would be doing much better than the non dribbling winger we have now.

Yeah he impressed so much when he got minutes.
Still only 8 players who played more minutes btw, despite his injury and then him finally being behind Luuk in the pecking order. He has played much too much, and easily enough to "get some rhythm".

jamrock

Yeah he impressed so much when he got minutes.
Still only 8 players who played more minutes btw, despite his injury and then him finally being behind Luuk in the pecking order. He has played much too much, and easily enough to "get some rhythm".
Puig

feggydinho

True. At least Depay can create something himself

I think he'll be better as the 9 (playing more centrally) with his link up play, cause when he came in for ferran, he was always drifting to the center and collecting the balls that Auba would've gotten (even before Auba was subbed)

FinBarcelonafan

I think he'll be better as the 9 (playing more centrally) with his link up play, cause when he came in for ferran, he was always drifting to the center and collecting the balls that Auba would've gotten (even before Auba was subbed)

I feel like he does the best when he free roams the left side and the center. Maybe Alba can make more runs behind his empty side when he is in the middle? it's not the worst idea.

He isn't that great of a CF.

delancey

Could Depay be used as a false 9 to drive up the ball from the center of the pitch? That way Auba gets fed balls from more directions than just crosses ala inshallah!

Something needs to change, as I cannot bare another attack starting from the wings. Opponents are loving it tho, marking our wingers with 3-4 defenders at times. This too could be exploited.

feggydinho

Could Depay be used as a false 9 to drive up the ball from the center of the pitch? That way Auba gets fed balls from more directions than just crosses ala inshallah!

Something needs to change, as I cannot bare another attack starting from the wings. Opponents are loving it tho, marking our wingers with 3-4 defenders at times. This too could be exploited.

This should work, we can use the different tactics so we become less predictable

Home of Barca Fans