Memphis Depay

CatalinR10

����✅| Memphis Depay has decided to leave FC Barcelona; the club wants to sell him for ?20M & Juventus is the most advanced option.
[MENTION=19785]Martin[/MENTION]ezferran [��️]

Good for all parties imo

I'd be content with 20 mil , anything less that we should just keep him for one more year as a rotation option.

Birdy

Offered more in 1 year than De Jong in 3 years.

Just hope he goes to a top club and proves his worth

malvolio

Should go to a CL club, but not an elite one. He has flashes of a brilliant player, but never managed to sustain the level in order to succed at big clubs.

fergus90

Is there anyone else in the squad who can rap? Wouldn’t be happy letting him go until I know someone else can drop a verse.

soul24rage

Getting 20m. for Memphis with a year left on his contract is a great deal, especially since he came on a free.

He contributed well in the 1st half of last season.

OVI9323

Is there anyone else in the squad who can rap? Wouldn?t be happy letting him go until I know someone else can drop a verse.

Puig should be able to do it quite well, And since he'll go in LA, he can also train his rap skill with Kendrick Lamar if needed

Joan

This is some new narrative. He did well enough, nothing amazing. Was rather inconsistent. I'd even say it's a rare partial Bobo W.

Lyon was perfect for him.

Birdy

Some of his highlights from 21/22

This is some new narrative. He did well enough, nothing amazing. Was rather inconsistent. I'd even say it's a rare partial Bobo W.

Lyon was perfect for him.

I wouldn't say he is more inconsistent than Auba, Ferran, or even Ansu at times

It's rather his profile doesn't fit the football Xavi wants to play.
Xavi wants focal-point strikers like Lewa, Depay is not that
Xavi wants also fast wingers who hold the touchline and are great in 1v1, Depay ain't that either
Xavi finally wants wide forwards like Ferran who are based on their off the ball movement, Depay ain't that.

Depay is more of an SS/AM, ideal to play in a system next to a striker, and with freedom of movement.
He needs to see a lot of the ball, create, not be the end of attacks, and of course to receive centrally at halfspace and between the lines, rather than out wide

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There are reports now that we will let him go for free this summer which I think is a very fair and good gesture by the club. He chose us despite having better offers and even cut his salary after initially having an agreement to join us. Helped us in a shit situation so the least we can do is terminate the contract with mutual consent and let him pick up a big offer as a free agent.

Messi983

I understand what you're saying but club desperately needs to get some money from selling players and he's one of the only players who actually has some interest in him on the market so would be really stupid to just let him go for free.

As said before, let him choose a club he wants to go to and then negotiate with them. Even if it's only 5 or 10m it's better than nothing.

Home of Barca Fans