Memphis Depay

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I understand what you're saying but club desperately needs to get some money from selling players and he's one of the only players who actually has some interest in him on the market so would be really stupid to just let him go for free.

As said before, let him choose a club he wants to go to and then negotiate with them. Even if it's only 5 or 10m it's better than nothing.

I don't think we need money from sales anymore with the 100m from Barca Studios.

I think Frenkie will end up going in the end.

Messi983

Even if we don't need money (which I dont' think it's the case) why not still try to get something?

He's still a valuable player (on a reasonable contract as well) unlike Umtiti or Mavericky so should at least get something instead of just offload him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Teams he would consider might not be willing to pay us anything to sign him and Memphis probably doesn't get a signing bonus and the type of salary he wants in that case.

It's not a guarantee that he will be sold if we demand 10m for example. But as a free agent I bet a lot of teams would be interested and he will find a suitable destination for him.

Porque

Letting him go for free doesn't help Depay, it helps the buying club.

Juve are interested who dropped 41m on Bremer. The other one linked is Spurs who spent 58m GBP on FCKN Richarlison.

You look at Depay wage and for a year he is a better cost per minute squad option than almost everyone. Hell, I give it 2 months until either Ansu or Dembele get crocked.

Klysmakabouter

Even if we don't need money (which I dont' think it's the case) why not still try to get something?

He's still a valuable player (on a reasonable contract as well) unlike Umtiti or Mavericky so should at least get something instead of just offload him.

Laporta is mortgaging the club so it can still be competitive. All the while the club is stil in massive debt. Barca needs the money.

Last edited:

Givenchy

If his wages aren't an issue, defo keep him. If he's that unhappy about not being a starter he can force a move in January, I would rather have him there incase Ansu/Dembouz don't stay fit.

JohnN

His level isn't good enough to play against the best clubs and that was evident but he is good enough for most games in la Liga and Copa. If we don't desperately need the money we should keep him, but no way if he wants to be a starter.

feggydinho

Better that he transfers to a Lyon level side. He demonstrated at Man Utd and Barca that he isn't made for playing at the very top. Once he understands that he will be fine.

I think he'll cook at Chelsea. He's levels above Werner, and would show it if he goes there. He wasn't ready at Man Utd, and he didn't really have an extensive run with our top players while here cause they were mostly injured at the first half of the season and Xavi preferred Ferran at the second half.

serghei

We should still get some money, like at least 10m. You can't let him go 100% for free. It's not like we demand a full transfer sum. He is easily a 30m player.

feggydinho

We should still get some money, like at least 10m. You can't let him go 100% for free. It's not like we demand a full transfer sum. He is easily a 30m player.

True, with the way Epl spends money, he should even be around 40m normally so asking for 10m shouldn't be an issue

Home of Barca Fans