Memphis Depay

serghei

Can someone explain me why there is a club who is ready to pay 20m+ for 33-year Aubameyang, but no one is ready to pay for 28-year old Depay, who can be a good squad addition to almost any team in Europe.
If Auba is leaving I would rather keep Memphis as a squad option. Not a bad player at all and I fell there can be clubs willing to pay for him during next transfer window.

Depay is not a team player and is on the lazier side.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Auba has like the 4th most goals from a striker since around 2015 or so. He's a proven top quality striker and Tuchel is obsessed with him otherwise no club would be paying 20m for him at this current age either lol.

Memphis is a weird fit for most teams which makes him a less attractive player. Not really a winger. Not really a striker either.

jamrock

Depay wants a big signing on bonus so he's making the club getting any cash for him rather difficult, plus he's the type you can to build around to get the maximum out of him, players like him find it hard in most modern top teams.

DonAK

Depay wants a big signing on bonus so he's making the club getting any cash for him rather difficult, plus he's the type you can to build around to get the maximum out of him, players like him find it hard in most modern top teams.

He's not the quality to build around if you have aspirations of competing for the biggest titles though.

ajnotkeith

Auba has like the 4th most goals from a striker since around 2015 or so. He's a proven top quality striker and Tuchel is obsessed with him otherwise no club would be paying 20m for him at this current age either lol.

Memphis is a weird fit for most teams which makes him a less attractive player. Not really a winger. Not really a striker either.

Auba won't fix any of their issues, dozens of goal scoring forwards have already become toothless under Tuchel and he will surely be the next.

DonAK

Auba won't fix any of their issues, dozens of goal scoring forwards have already become toothless under Tuchel and he will surely be the next.

Maybe, but that's their problem now tbh :lol:

As long as we get 25-30m for him I'm fine with letting him leave. Get Belotti for free as a backup to Lewandowski.

Messi983

Maybe, but that's their problem now tbh :lol:

As long as we get 25-30m for him I'm fine with letting him leave. Get Belotti for free as a backup to Lewandowski.

Why is he still a free agent? Would expect some Serie A team would already sign him by now. Was close to Roma last I've heard but still nothing official yet.

Not sure if/how he would fit here either.

DonAK

Why is he still a free agent? Would expect some Serie A team would already sign him by now. Was close to Roma last I've heard but still nothing official yet.

Not sure if/how he would fit here either.

Cavani is available too, but I guess he'll want to start. Probably same with Belotti but no clue what is happening with him and why he is still without a club. But if he fancies coming on a two year deal with an option for another year on reasonable wages it might be worth looking into.

He's a proper #9. Might not be the best quality-wise but for a backup he could be great.

khaled_a_d

Auba played 2 seasons under Tuchel and scored 79 goals in 95 games, including 18 goals in 23 games in European competition.
So, it seems even more logical move for them, not only a proven goal scorer, but a proven goal scorer under Tuchel

Home of Barca Fans