Memphis Depay

Bobo32

I didn't rate Depay particularly highly but I kind of got sucked in by his good start like many on here and thought he'd be a bit better. Credit to Bobo for seeing it coming.

Thanks for the credit!
Yes he will probably start to score a bit more though, he is bound to.
As Sid Lowe has said a lot; one of Depays strengths is that he doesn't give a fuck. Today he actually was punching the turf after the missed pen, and last game he actually ran backwards for a bit after the terrible turnover that lead to the goal, but usually he just squints blankly and tries yet another time when the ball arrives. He has that in common with C.Ronaldo.

ajnotkeith

What concern me the most like Jamdav said is he doesn't even look like he'll score any time soon. Sometimes with strikers they do everything right and their movement is great, they beat their man every time, but the shots aren't going in. They're getting into the right positions tho and you know next time it'll probably go in, so even if they had some bad misses next time they'll score.

Depay isn't really ever getting into positions for clear cut chance or making runs. His best shot has been getting into the box and trying to engage contact with tricks to get a pen.

fergus90

Wasn?t a fan of the signing but a couple good pre-season games were enough to get me optimistic. In reality I think was just looking for any form of optimism after the Messi situation.

I just don?t really rate him as he has too many frustrating sides to his game. Don?t think he?s good enough but will support him and hope he turns things around as long as he?s a Barca player.

Last edited:

freetocan

After Benfica, Real Madrid, today is third time when we loose the game because of this macho wrestler. It appears that he does business with Cowman since he is not let out of team at all. Not sure how much Laporta will support this situation. Never ever I thought that I will see Barca in this shape.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
His game is full of flaws and I have already mentioned that I am very annoyed by his decision making.
BUT Depay is creating clear cut chances every game. He created Dest's chance in Clasico, he created Dest's chance today and he won the penalty which he obviously should have scored. Also creating many good chances through set pieces all season where his targets should have scored a couple.

What I am saying is that Depay is the best option we have right now. He will not give you constant 90 min performances with the right decisions throughout the game, few technical mistakes etc. but at the moment he is the only one being able to create clear cut goal scoring opportunities in every game.

FinBarcelonafan

After Benfica, Real Madrid, today is third time when we loose the game because of this macho wrestler. It appears that he does business with Cowman since he is not let out of team at all. Not sure how much Laporta will support this situation. Never ever I thought that I will see Barca in this shape.

He made the pass to Dest for empty net

freetocan

And do you think that is enough for 90 min of play? What about he is not able to run just to recuperate what has done and Real scored on counter? It might look that you are Nederland fun more than Barca fun!

ajnotkeith

He has no sense of goal. We need a guy that'll give 20-30 goals a season and be the difference in games like today, which Messi would have won. We lost nearly 50 league goals with departure of Griezmann and Leo, nothing was brought to replace that, so games that usually 3 points like Granada, Cadiz or Rayo can be draws or even losses.

malvolio

Aye Depay really is 'my boy'.

Not like Malvy the Mink to speak shite is it?

You wanted Barca to sign him chief.

You asked me like 100 times if he should be signed. While you sucked on his dick because he came on a free.

Probably got annoyed and replied in the end :lol:

JamDav1982

You asked me like 100 times if he should be signed.

Probably got annoyed and replied in the end :lol:

Aye you said Barca should sign him as I said.

Worthwhile signing for free but needs to do better than has recently and will be lucky to see past this summer if can make money from him.

Would hope when there is pace in team and teams cant push out so much he can get nearer to the goals and make a difference with more goals as too many fuck ups for the chances he is creating.

Been saying it for well over last month.

Home of Barca Fans