Memphis Depay

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He doesn't want to join Inter and Xavi reportedly also refused to let him leave for Joaquin Correa.

Atletico won't trade Carrasco for him. Perhaps try with Angel Correa instead :lol:

ajnotkeith

People want to throw him out, but the reality is having a backup player the level of Depay is pretty rare. He was one of the best players in France the season before we signed and would still likely get into any starting XI outside the top10 teams. Not many teams in the world can say they have substitutes of that level - look at Madrid, Ceballos is one of their first subs, lol.

He isn't a top-level player and not better than the starters at the moment but we can do worse for the bench.

If we pick up some injuries in attack, which can and does happen, do we want to have to play Ilias and Fabio Blanco there or Depay? As long as his wage is small no problem for him to stay and be a substitute...

Bobo32

Surely Ceballos is much preferable to Depgay.
We already knew he was a bit shit when he arrived from France with that penalty-doped record, playing as a free star player for a decent side in that weak league, allowed to make as many mistakes he wanted to in order to assist or score once in a while.

He doesn't play now? How many men in front of him? What is his age? Will he ever play again? Why not sell him, and get someone in his position who might develop into something later? Who is surely on a smaller wage etc.
I am just glad I don't have to see him for a while tbh. But he is of no use of course, only a burden.

iniestaGOAT

People want to throw him out, but the reality is having a backup player the level of Depay is pretty rare. He was one of the best players in France the season before we signed and would still likely get into any starting XI outside the top10 teams. Not many teams in the world can say they have substitutes of that level - look at Madrid, Ceballos is one of their first subs, lol.

He isn't a top-level player and not better than the starters at the moment but we can do worse for the bench.

If we pick up some injuries in attack, which can and does happen, do we want to have to play Ilias and Fabio Blanco there or Depay? As long as his wage is small no problem for him to stay and be a substitute...

He is leaving for free

The brother isn't signing again to warm the bench

Windhook

He's class and at a prime age yet no CL club wants him. Let's cut the bullshit, the guy is a luxury player that not many want in their team.
Too high maintenance for the output and inconsistency he provides.

Always with the negativity.

malvolio

Always with the negativity.

What do you want me to say? Yes, he can be a good player for a side that doesn't have title ambitions, at most CL qualifying ambitions. Too expensive and too much of a diva for any serious side.

He is 28, in his supposed prime, but nowhere near a starting spot for a good team.

Reminds me a lot of the Romanian attackers we had over the past 20 years.

Horatio

You're welcome
What do you want me to say? Yes, he can be a good player for a side that doesn't have title ambitions, at most CL qualifying ambitions. Too expensive and too much of a diva for any serious side.

He is 28, in his supposed prime, but nowhere near a starting spot for a good team.

Reminds me a lot of the Romanian attackers we had over the past 20 years.

Too much diva? You're talking out of your ass lol.

Windhook

Our style doesn't suit him. I said he's class, not world class. I'm sure in PL he can do better, fast football. Whether CL clubs want him or not, not up to me to say. Not wasting my time on that.

If we get money for Depay or a swap will be great. Otherwise if he stays until contract expiry, I expect some minor role from the bench in the title race.

Andresito

Staff member
Memphis might have the appearance of a diva but he has in no way acted unprofessionally during his stint here.

malvolio

Memphis might have the appearance of a diva but he has in no way acted unprofessionally during his stint here.

I was referring to the way he strolls around the field at times and falls at any contact. Would have liked a bit more bite and determination. Of course he acted like a true professional while at Barca, no one's arguing that.

Birdy

Depay was great the first half of last season when the team was dire
Be more charitable

Of course he is neither a CF nor a LW, but an SS who operates best with some freedom of CENTRAL movement behind a CF
a system that Barca never plays

Above all it's that he doesn't fit, not that Ferran Raphinia even Ansu are better than him
That's why he is on his way out

Home of Barca Fans