Men’s shortlists for FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013 revealed

Ah, it's not even worth debating anymore. Messi fandom = being almost completely blind. I've said enough in this thread, I won't be able to say any more to make Messi riders see what pretty much those who aren't riding Messi are able to see quite easily. Have fun watching football with your Messi tinted glasses boys! I mean I know this is a Barca forum, but I thought some people would actually have a bit of sense. :lol:

And I myself am a Messi fan and LOVE Argentina, so it's not like I have some silly hate for him or anything.

And so your not-Messi-tinted/neutral/objective glasses tells you that a player should win best player in the YEAR award because of his performances in the last 3 weeks of that year?!

Can you look me in the eyes (with that shit glasses on), and tell me that Ronaldo was even remotely a contender in September? Or even the beginning of October??

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ah, it's not even worth debating anymore. Messi fandom = being almost completely blind. I've said enough in this thread, I won't be able to say any more to make Messi riders see what pretty much those who aren't riding Messi are able to see quite easily. Have fun watching football with your Messi tinted glasses boys! I mean I know this is a Barca forum, but I thought some people would actually have a bit of sense. :lol:

And I myself am a Messi fan and LOVE Argentina, so it's not like I have some silly hate for him or anything.

This is the best you could come up with?

Many of us here are saying CR7 deserves the award as this award has little to do with team trophies. And somehow that made us blind Messi fans??

Jesus Christ!

Yannick03

Goikoetxea (coach Equatorial Guinea): "My vote was 5 points to Cristiano Ronaldo, 3 to Leo Messi and 1 to Andrés Iniesta." [the network]

Goikoetxea: "Cristiano has been better this season, but Messi stays the overall best. Leo has just been unlucky with injuries."

The Observer

This is also one of the reasons why Messi needs a World Cup. People are already forgetting his greatness from 2 months ago and talking about Ronaldo as the "best player in the world in 2013". Imagine 20 years later instead of 2 months. If he doesn't win a World Cup they'll see Ronaldo's and Messi's goal scoring records which are about the same and talk about them in the same breath. Maybe even pretend Ronaldo was the superior player all along. Which is extremely wrong.

kollegah

Goikoetxea (coach Equatorial Guinea): "My vote was 5 points to Cristiano Ronaldo, 3 to Leo Messi and 1 to Andrés Iniesta." [the network]

Goikoetxea: "Cristiano has been better this season, but Messi stays the overall best. Leo has just been unlucky with injuries."

doomed

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I'll go full retard and list the table from the votes we definitely know so far:
Messi 13p
CR 7p
Ibra, Ribery 3p
Iniesta 1p

Or if Thiago Silva changes his vote:
Messi 11p
CR 6p
Neymar 5p
Ribery 3p
Ibra, Iniesta 1p

I'll go full retard and list the table from the votes we definitely know so far:
Messi 13p
CR 7p
Ibra, Ribery 3p
Iniesta 1p

Or if Thiago Silva changes his vote:
Messi 11p
CR 6p
Neymar 5p
Ribery 3p
Ibra, Iniesta 1p
After re-opening the voting by FIFA, I think now Ronaldo might edge it.

I thought Messi would win it before the extension, but now I think Ronaldo might edge it. Ribery will be a distant third probably now.

F

Flavia

This yearly format should change. Should be seasonal, with votes and result between may-july, seeing people's memory is really fickle.

This yearly format should change. Should be seasonal, with votes and result between may-july, seeing people's memory is really fickle.

I agree..

I think it also has to do with the media (and even the FIFA) wanting Ronaldo to win another one so he would stop acting like a crybaby and threatening to boycott the whole thing if he doesn't win it.. They don't want to lose Ronaldo, and turn him against the whole football world, because after all he is a big name in the game.

Cule4life

The Culest

Absolutely agree. We really need a better FIFA (and for that matter UEFA) president who is honest and in touch with reality

Yannick03

I agree..

I think it also has to do with the media (and even the FIFA) wanting Ronaldo to win another one so he would stop acting like a crybaby and threatening to boycott the whole thing if he doesn't win it.. They don't want to lose Ronaldo, and turn him against the whole football world, because after all he is a big name in the game.

The whining of Ronaldo has come back and hit him in the face. The Ballon D'Or in previous years wasn't what it should be but at least the voting was respectable and consequent. Now it has become ridiculous, altering the rules for the first time ever clearly in favour of Ronaldo. There will always be some obscurity around this Ballon d'Or if Ronaldo wins. And another important factor is that Leo was injured for most of the year, Ronaldo didn't beat him fair and square and if Messi wins the next ones (probably), people in the future will start wondering why he didn't won in 2013. They will find that he was injured and FIFA rigged the voting process.

Ronaldo's victory will be empty because of the seeds he and his entourage have planted themselves...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
he brought you CR7... why do you complain man!?

The deal set the standard for another one, Bale's 100 million figure. He brought Ronaldo, but that price tag was surreal. But because Ronaldo's is the world's best player, he justified it.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The fact that this debate has no end to it or is basically a merry go round speaks volumes of this award and how it has been awarded in the past years specifically with respect to Messi's four ballon d'ors. The changing criteria is confusing and the fact that the deadline was set 2 months before the end of the year and it changed this year during the course of the year is also hilarious.

Sneijder deserved it in 2010, and Ronaldo deserved it in when he won the league.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The fact that this debate has no end to it or is basically a merry go round speaks volumes of this award and how it has been awarded in the past years specifically with respect to Messi's four ballon d'ors. The changing criteria is confusing and the fact that the deadline was set 2 months before the end of the year and it changed this year during the course of the year is also hilarious.

Sneijder deserved it in 2010, and Ronaldo deserved it in when he won the league.

By your logic, Ribery deserves it more than CR7 does. You can't have it both ways.

Home of Barca Fans