Mesut Ozil

Yannik

I liked his little exchange with Alves though

Alves "Fuck you, mate. Fuck you."
Ozil "You're talking a lot. Fuck off, fuck off."

Memorable dialogue.

Darko

It's the same story every time really, but a couple of months from now it will again be "what a player, what a performance against Norwich, most assists in Europe etc."
Racks up the stats against minnows, but dissappears in big games, Real Madrid personified.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I always tell people that I do not like him because he disappears in matches where his team is not dominating. It is not tied to big matches imo. If his team plays badly, Özil plays badly almost all the time.

Yannik

As Blaugrana said the big match sentiment isn't an issue, and there are enough counter examples of that, thee already were at Madrid (assists in Classicos, vs Bayern, goals vs Dortmund, Atletico etc). Examples from this season are also existing. But when the whole team is down, Ozil isn't carrying them on his own. That's quite common among many players, Ozil is just getting the biggest heat for it.
His performance ratio in big games isn't either bad or good, it's simply normal and dependend on wether Arsenal wins or losses. I remember he had Clasicos where he tore Barca to peaces, (Copa-final, Reals league winning classico and some others I cant remember) and also some where he was barely on the field.

Last edited:
L

Lucifer

I liked his little exchange with Alves though

Alves "Fuck you, mate. Fuck you."
Ozil "You're talking a lot. Fuck off, fuck off."

Memorable dialogue.

I was like WTF when i saw dani alves speaking english :lol:

Butaan4barca

So overrated, already at Madrid and now even more in England. Glad Pep blocked his transfer to us.

Its a bit unfair to rate a midfielder on his performance against barcelona, as that is where we win the matches, thats where we have been good. I know lately our attack is the strength and thats where we won this match. But not long ago, lampard, scholes, pirlo, kaka, Sneijder, fabregas, gerrard , to mention few were not at their best playing against us on occasions. (not a justification , just saying)

L

Lucifer

So overrated, already at Madrid and now even more in England. Glad Pep blocked his transfer to us.

IMO he's better than Arda and and not so far away of Iniesta's level, he would thrive playing at Barcelona.
But I think that no one of you guys want him here..

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
IMO he's better than Arda and and not so far away of Iniesta's level, he would thrive playing at Barcelona.
But I think that no one of you guys want him here..

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think he has the lungs to play for Lucho's Barca.

Galning

Its a bit unfair to rate a midfielder on his performance against barcelona, as that is where we win the matches, thats where we have been good. I know lately our attack is the strength and thats where we won this match. But not long ago, lampard, scholes, pirlo, kaka, Sneijder, fabregas, gerrard , to mention few were not at their best playing against us on occasions. (not a justification , just saying)

This doesn't have anything to do with Özil being overrated.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Come on guys. You might not like him for whatever reason or think he is the right player for us, but to deny he is a great player and one of the best attacking midfielders in the world in the last several years is plain silly.

Home of Barca Fans