Mesut Ozil

Devils

Saying he's not far from Iniesta is the equivalent of saying Fabregas could be used to replace Xavi and we all know how that turned out.

Iniesta on form is on levels Ozil could only dream about reaching.

L

Lucifer

Come on guys. You might not like him for whatever reason or think he is the right player for us, but to deny he is a great player and one of the best attacking midfielders in the world in the last several years is plain silly.

exactly

Darko

This is his first good season since coming to Arsenal so no, I wouldn't say he's "one of the best attacking mids in the last several years". He's a good player, great even, but has too many obvious flaws that prevent him from being world class.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is his first good season since coming to Arsenal so no, I wouldn't say he's "one of the best attacking mids in the last several years". He's a good player, great even, but has too many obvious flaws that prevent him from being world class.

Was he not good when he was at Real Madrid? He was spoon-feeding Ronaldo so much so that Ronaldo was really upset that he was let go.

Yannik

Was he not good when he was at Real Madrid? He was spoon-feeding Ronaldo so much so that Ronaldo was really upset that he was let go.

He was balling at Madrid, I don't know what some guys here are on about.
This was a tweet before he joined Arsenal

[tw]374527621490425857[/tw]

2nd most was David Silva at City with 211.
Let that sink in for a moment, he created about 50% more chances than the best creator in Europe that wasn't Ozil himself

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Putting him in the same sentence as Iniesta is plain silly.

Putting any midfielder in the same sentence is usually silly as The Don is among the greatest mid of all time and can only be compared to players belonging in the same bracket.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Don't get me wrong; Özil is a really good player on form. But I don't think he would fit well here. Nor do I think that he is on par with prime Iniesta.

KingLeo10

LOL at people who think that the difference between him and Iniesta is huge

go and watch iniesta's performance v real madrid earlier this season. as someone pointed out earlier, iniesta at his best is levels above anything ozil has ever shown. the record speaks for itself, 7 wins in 7 major finals (4 CL, 1 WC, 2 Euros).

I

instinct

I'm gonna be using this gif a lot more since it's so fitting for many posts here.

M1JSAIr.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Him and Iniesta are different types of players. Generally Oezil needs space to operate while Iniesta thrives in tight space. Iniesta is a much, much better dribbler while Oezil tends to pass the ball than dribble.

Home of Barca Fans