Mesut Ozil

Madness

Terrific player. Truly wouldn't mind him being at Barcelona. Would fit into our tiki-taka as well.

Madrid's Best Player!!!

You see what he did today? :worthy: Even though he only played a bit, he found a lot of space for himself and gave some fantastic passes (plus a few bad ones). That is NOT easy to do against us. He always has some creative ideas.

Too bad he's on the wrong team. Barca should have moved for him earlier, but we can't have everybody. :(

Bergkamp10

He was fantastic last night, really changed the game. I think the plan for JM was to keep it tight for the first 60 mins, wait for Barcelona to tire and then bring Ozil on to tire them even more and try and change the game. After that performance, surely he'll start on Wednesday and in the CL games.

Also just realised he really looks like Mr G from summer heights high, it's quite scary.

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
xDxDxD

215602_10150219346565820_781060819_8439700_310680_n.jpg

Beast

The Observer
:lol: my God that's Ozil :lol:

He is a fantastic player.. i wonder why u felt this way Raed ? maybe Sergio opinion influenced u ...

18 assists in his first season and 11 goals without speaking the language is hell of an intro to la liga

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
:lol: my God that's Ozil :lol:

He is a fantastic player.. i wonder why u felt this way Raed ? maybe Sergio opinion influenced u ...

18 assists in his first season and 11 goals without speaking the language is hell of an intro to la liga

I am usually hard on Ozil because he is one of ours. If he was playing for another team I would have been a lot easier on the kid. He is my age, he is exactly who I wanted to be and he is exactly in position I want to be. So basically I see a lot of me in him and I am hard on myself, always looking for new ways to improve myself and in this case, Ozil.

He has ten times the skill I do, and he took advantage of the opportunity that was given to him with both hands but my one and only worry is that he fades, something Mourinho agrees with me on. I feel that sometimes he wilts and that is totally understandable considering his age, his new team, his new league and all the pressure. I knew he would not start the Classico and I absolutely loved it when he fought his way through the pitch even though it took him about 10 good minutes. That is what he was missing in his game, to just get stuck in, to never shy away from a physical battle. Iniesta was shy, he was like Ozil when he first started and look at him now with a little confidence. Ozil can be that, not sure if better but I am sure he can reach that level which would be SO amazing, especially that Iniesta is the new Zidane and I love both.

Now I wonder if Ozil can deliver the same passion and aggression for the full 90 minutes.

Beast

The Observer
The 90 minuted thing is a fitness thing.. if i remember correctly he gets tired quickly ( u can see him sweating like hell every game more than other players ) he is not a Marcelo .. you will get great 60-70 minutes off him but so was Zidane .. the thing is you have to use those 60-70 minutes well ..
he is not a night owl so it's his physique .. will get better by time probably by dividing his effort and making calculated effort instead of running like a mad man and his fitness letting him down in the second half..
for the record Zizou was exactly like that and he did just that

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It is a combination of multiple things but a lot of it me thinks will come with experience and will come when he improves his mental strength. He is unfortunate that he has to lead the team when he could have spent this time focusing on the small details.

His fitness level isn't as ridiculous as some of the Madrid players who have been here for longer than he is, what you say is true. Not everyone comes form Latin America with Gaucho blood or a Gypsy like Ramos. Third, his physical presence isn't commanding, so I see him shying away sometimes from tight spaces where he gets hit hard but that is something Iniesta even developed with time and a boost of confidence.

We all saw the difference, when he had something to prove he came onto the pitch like a rabid dog, I know he has it in him, it just needs to be unleashed. Di Maria though is more confident, in fact sometimes a little too much but that is a bit cultural I think.

But it is weird, Ronaldo without Ozil is like the ocean without Nemo, it just isn't the same. The moment Ozil touches a ball, Ronaldo is activated. The way he finds Ronaldo boggles my mind every match more and more. Just when you think Ozil played a pass because it is so obvious, he picks him out of the dead and activates him, almost forcing Ronaldo to run.

I can't recall Zidane from his days in Serie A, it is not something I paid attention to when I was younger so I can't argue with you on that one. When Ozil learns how to control the tempo, he will be magnificent but we need to find someone else to replace Xabi. Seeing Alonso do too much physical work scares me, and the more I see him hit the ground running the idea of Borja Valero coming back to Madrid seems appealing.

Xabi is our leader, far more influential to the team than Casillas and his presence is a must in big games so having Borja or Granero play instead of him will be very useful. All I know is that this summer I am expecting some heart breaking transfers.

Beast

The Observer
I think Jose did find the answer in the classico.. he will need a Pepe beside Xabi
so he /we must look for a fast destroyer who give the midfield that extra lung (available in the French league IMO) .. could be Lass but his game is inconsistent and less than the physical beast that is Pepe
either that or will go fishing for a CB starter beside Ricardo and fix Pepe as a permanent DM .
If that happen you will allow Xabi simply to create only without much worry about the defensive responsibility , the causality of course will be Sami Khedira
IMO Borja Valero is a big fish in a small pond , if he move to Real he will not add anything he is playing @ his level in Villarreal

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I hate to quote goal.com but considering Big Game Ozil strikes again I think this is appropriate:
Not for the first time in a Clasico clash, the German was completely ineffectual. Made only two of four passes in the first half and was replaced by Adebayor at the break.

Home of Barca Fans