Mesut Ozil

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Me neither. And it seemed like we had a deal with Werder for Özil but Pep had a "feeling" about him as well.. :D

If they just brought in Cesc, his feelings would have been alright ... i just wonder what feeling he had towards Masch ... like 'NEED TO PLOW THE PITCH MORE' ... :/

MagIX

Oezil is a very good player, but barca do not need him.
In my opinion Pep had to choose between Cesc next year or oezil this year and he has chosen Cesc for next year.
And waiting for Thiago..... he will be better than Oezil.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No idea of his credibility but Carazo has an article in today's Sport that spells out the initial agreement that was reached between most of the parties in a deal to bring Mesut to Barca...The only one who balked, apparently, was Pep - citing the B team as being sufficient cover

Wonder if he still feels that way

gingerless

if pep were more obsessed with madrid he would've bought ozil, nevertheless he should still have done it at that price

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Oh well, it may have actually turned out to be the correct decision with Thiago's rise.

ViolentLogic

Madrid snatched Ozil, we must get Pastore, next season.

The two best young playmakers out there right now, going head-to-head in the best league in the world would be great to see. :)

I do love Ozil though. His style is slick.

gingerless

pastore won't happen next season, we're haulin arsenal ass... plus pastore said he wants to play at his club for another 2 years. i just hope he still wants to join if we don't do so hot in the coming years

V

Valon

I'm for one am glad he's not obsessed with every move Madrid makes and concentrates on his team.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Me neither. And it seemed like we had a deal with Werder for Özil but Pep had a "feeling" about him as well.. :D

where would he play in our system?

at Reial he is given prominence in the tactics and allowed to play as the CAM in a 4231.

we play 433, so, no CAM. he wouldn't be able to shine to his full potential in either our midfield or forward line, so why spend money on him only to NOT get the best out of him?

like I said at the time; he is a fantastic player, but not a fit for our system.

Tomchin

at Reial he is given prominence in the tactics and allowed to play as the CAM in a 4231.

we play 433, so, no CAM. he wouldn't be able to shine to his full potential in either our midfield or forward line, so why spend money on him only to NOT get the best out of him?

like I said at the time; he is a fantastic player, but not a fit for our system.
Is Ozil's playing-style that different from Afellay's though? Tbh, I've seen Afellay play only a handful times, so I'm not sure what to expect from him. But from what I've read about him, his playing-style (and position on the pitch) seems quite similar to Ozil's, no?

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles

Spot on again, Meta!

Is Ozil's playing-style that different from Afellay's though? Tbh, I've seen Afellay play only a handful times, so I'm not sure what to expect from him. But from what I've read about him, his playing-style (and position on the pitch) seems quite similar to Ozil's, no?

Afellay can play from deeper positions, like he does at PSV at the moment. Özil isn't used to that.

Home of Barca Fans