Mesut Ozil

rolminmaminov

I think until now the best performance displayed Özil with Messi in the World Cup. Özil really, very able. I think he better will be.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Should we fail to sign Cesc, Ozil should be a backup plan. His contract is running out next year I think and he expressed his desire to come.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Should we fail to sign Cesc, Ozil should be a backup plan. His contract is running out next year I think and he expressed his desire to come.

Totally agree although me thinks they'll go Silva...Ozil would likely come much cheaper and has already declared his love for the club

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So he's now being linked with every Tom, Duck & Harry on top of apparently refusing a new contract with Werder, so where do you think he'll go?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ozil has a history though... He didn't renew his contract with Schalke and now he's not doing it with Bremen!!

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Thats not the full story. Schalke offered him a contract extension that he refused, demanding a higher salary (1M a year). Schalke themselves then refused to pay him that much money, also building up an image of Özil being a greedy, unthankful youngster in the press and thus putting an end to the collaboration with Özil. Werder was smart enough to grab him for a mere transfer sum of 4M.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Kid wants to play in a bigger league (Loves Barca), I don't blame him...He's put control of his own future with himself

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Was very unfocused during the first 30 minutes. Shaped a bit up afterwards and fortunatly scored.

cosan

Loew Says :

"Mesut is a player who fits perfectly with my ideas. He plays at a very high level, he can win the ball easily and then produce a telling shot. He is a playmaker and can produce some passes which split defences," said Loew to reporters.

"He should keep his feet on the ground though. To be a world-class player requires a lot of development and the need to be consistent over several years. But Mesut, no doubt, has what it takes."

Home of Barca Fans