Munir El Haddadi

navidjaan

Ahh, remember the good ol' days when some wanted Sandro to get more minutes.

Happy to see Munir getting more and more goals on his tally. From Pique's Pericopes, he also seems to be integrating nicely in the social aspect of the team. Good for him. Lucho seems to like him too. And remember, he isn't even playing his favorable position: as the 9.

The ideal scenario is surely that he replace Suárez at some point in the future, so we can save some 80-100M on another star-studded player.

khaled_a_d

Happy to see Munir getting more and more goals on his tally. From Pique's Pericopes, he also seems to be integrating nicely in the social aspect of the team. Good for him. Lucho seems to like him too. And remember, he isn't even playing his favorable position: as the 9.

The ideal scenario is surely that he replace Suárez at some point in the future, so we can save some 80-100M on another star-studded player.

Replacing Suarez is a big ask from Munir right now .may be if he has a break out season like S.Roberto having this year we can put such high hopes
But for the time being ,being able to be solid 4th option is just the realistic "hope" for him

navidjaan

Replacing Suarez is a big ask from Munir right now .may be if he has a break out season like S.Roberto having this year we can put such high hopes
But for the time being ,being able to be solid 4th option is just the realistic "hope" for him

That's why I said it was the ideal scenario :)

klc123

I don't think Munir will ever be the same quality as Suarez unfortunately. He is already the same age as when Suarez was scoring 20+ goals a season for Ajax.

navidjaan

I don't think Munir will ever be the same quality as Suarez unfortunately. He is already the same age as when Suarez was scoring 20+ goals a season for Ajax.

I honestly don't think that's a fair way to compare players, in completely different contexts. Look at where Aleix Vidal was at 20, for example... And, I was just pointing out the ideal scenario. Also, maybe we won't find somebody as good as Suárez, like we'll never find someone as good as Messi, when he has to be replaced.

When I remember Wenger ofered 30 milion for him... we could've taken it, add few more and buy someone like Douglas Costa :w000t:

Just imagine that, folks...

JamDav1982

When I remember Wenger ofered 30 milion for him... we could've taken it, add few more and buy someone like Douglas Costa :w000t:

Just imagine that, folks...

Wenger never offered anywhere near that for Munir.

Even when it was being rumoured it was being said as around 10m euros and I doubt even that was ever bid.

xXKonan

Those Munir and Arsenal rumors were bogus.

I remember some originated from the English press when he was doing well during the Pre season (Gamper match) before the start of the 2014/15 season and suddenly Arsenal was interested in Munir! in the past their were rumors he was linked with a move away to Arsenal and several other teams? back in 2013? but I doubt their were really that much Substance to them.

Those Munir and Arsenal rumors were bogus.

I remember some originated from the English press when he was doing well during the Pre season (Gamper match) before the start of the 2014/15 season and suddenly Arsenal was interested in Munir! in the past their were rumors he was linked with a move away to Arsenal and several other teams? back in 2013? but I doubt their were really that much Substance to them.

I hope you're right... 'cause if we missed that much cash for this guy that is a tragedy beyond comprehension... now we have to pay somebody to take him...

klc123

Munir plays once every ten games...
Suarez was a regular for Ajax.

Obviously he doesn't get as many minutes. But the minutes he does get he doesn't perform that well. Pedro and Bojan both showed much more promise at his age. I don't dispute his usefulness as a squad player, but to say he will eventually replace Suarez is reaching a bit.

Last edited:

Messi983

Based on what? He gets much more and much better chances in Barcelona than Suarez ever got at Ajax.

Suarez at Ajax in season 2007/08 (when he was 20 as is Munir now): 17 goals in Eredivisie, total 22 goals in all competitions in 3.244 minutes; he scored a goal every 147 minutes

Munir this season: 2 goals in La Liga, total 7 goals in all competitions in 1.454 minutes; he scored a goal every 207 minutes

Suarez was already a full time starter then, Munir is playing behind the best attacking trio in football history and was also playing out of position for most of the time when Messi was injured and he had most opportunities on regular base. If he was a starter at a club like Ajax, I think he could have a similar statistic to what Suarez had. Now, I'm not saying that he'll surely develop into a worldclass striker like Suarez but he has potential to be very good, maybe even our future "9". But for that to happen he needs to play regularly and he won't play enough here. Loan him out for two seasons to a good (preferably La Liga) club and see how he develops then bring him back. We can't lose anything (except for maybe paying half of his wages) but we can gain a lot if we won't have to pay 50M+ for Suarez's successor when that time will come.

Home of Barca Fans