Munir El Haddadi

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
What makes you think we gave up? It's not like the transfer window is about to close anytime soon.

Sevilla demanding 40M for Gameiro, rumours that Vietto is going to Sevilla and we suddenly renewing Munir. Robert said himself that lack of playing time is big problem for signing back up striker.

Trickykid

Sevilla demanding 40M for Gameiro, rumours that Vietto is going to Sevilla and we suddenly renewing Munir. Robert said himself that lack of playing time is big problem for signing back up striker.

And simultaneously Robert clearly stated that we're after either a young or and older more experienced striker. Munir's renewal was always the plan, and he no ties to that.
Obviously it's a blow that we can't get either of our main targets, but I refuse to believe that we're not signing anyone because of that.

Messi983

I don't care about what he has done so far but more about what he can do over the next 3-4 seasons. He would be a good backup for Suarez.

F

Flavia

There's a chance he's one of those "one season wonder" players. I'm not convinced he'd be a good sub for Suarez. I don't think he'd bring anything Munir can't.

Total-Football

we have arda , denis suarez who can play wide plus Munir .. all of them as back ups .. i don't see the need of a new striker especially that every single one of MSN is capable of playing as a striker

serghei

He had one good season in his career, and he's about to be 28. I don't think that's a good sign.

I agree. I am not even sure Vietto is such a big step up from Munir.

we have arda , denis suarez who can play wide plus Munir .. all of them as back ups .. i don't see the need of a new striker especially that every single one of MSN is capable of playing as a striker

That transfer is great, only if a solid player comes. I don't agree with the idea that Lucho didn't rotate in attack last season mainly because he didn't have options. He didn't do it because he tought we could mantain that high-level football all season. Turned out we couldn't, and we got tired at the wrong time. La Liga is a tough league, but there are plenty of low-risk games (at home vs the likes of Getafe, Gijon, Rayo, Betis etc.) where you can rest one of the trio members IF YOU REALLY WANT TO.

So, for me specifically, I think our signing up front should be a player that is capable of starting a game in a CL quarter for example. I want a player that is proven at high level, not because we need to rotate the MSN, but because something might happen to one of our start players up front.

Bottom line is: we can rotate either way. Neymar - Munir - Messi is not much different from Neymar - Vietto - Messi imo. Both attacks are more than enough to get a win in 70% of the games we play in Spain, and not quite at the required level for a really high-level game like a CL semifinal for example.

Vietto won't help us against top level opposition, so I wouldn't sign him myself. I would give the minutes to Munir.

Last edited:

navidjaan

Wouldn't mind keeping Munir as Suarez' backup if he continues his firm from last spring where he really helped the team when given the chance. And given that we've already exceeded the transfer budget after signing Gomes, it would be nice to save some cash because it could be needed next year if neither Vidal nor Roberto reads through or something else happens.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not. But then we can play Messi centrally and Rafinha on the right.

All I'm saying is; if we can't find a decent striker better not make panic buys.

Home of Barca Fans