Neymar and Barça reach an agreement

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
2013-14 ?

To be honest, I didn't know who to put in goal so I put ter Stegen in there, as he seems to be the popular choice of the realistic GK options.

My first choice CB is Vertonghen. He has everything we are looking for in a central defender, and I think he would partner well with Pique.

I have Xavi and Thiago sharing midfield duties.

We also have pace in the team with Messi, Neymar, Deulo and Jordi Alba, which is much needed as at times, this season, we have looked very pedestrian.

:hi:Neymar
I would love to see that line-up next season and the change I would love the most would be Thiago replacing Xavi.

P

PhilS

So, the big move is done. With the depth at extremo, Neymar will be able to ease into the side, he won't have to play huge minutes his first year in Europe.

Has he always played on the left?

With this addition, there will be more goals. Barca was the highest scoring team in Europe this year, by a small margin. Those days are over, Barca will be setting scoring records for the next few years.

The huge concern on this forum has been to improve the defense. But the objective is not to minimize goals allowed, it is to outscore your opponents. I'm excited about the prospect of lots of wins next year by scores like 4-2.

MagicianMessi

So, the big move is done. With the depth at extremo, Neymar will be able to ease into the side, he won't have to play huge minutes his first year in Europe.

Has he always played on the left?

With this addition, there will be more goals. Barca was the highest scoring team in Europe this year, by a small margin. Those days are over, Barca will be setting scoring records for the next few years.

The huge concern on this forum has been to improve the defense. But the objective is not to minimize goals allowed, it is to outscore your opponents. I'm excited about the prospect of lots of wins next year by scores like 4-2.

The objective is to outscore your opponents don't work with big opponents.Bayern match is an example.

The signing of Neymar is wonderfull but I am waiting for atleast 2 good CBs taht make the defense stronger than this season.

USWAY

How did Alexis end up more expensive than him...? so much hype and he got sold for so cheap!!!!!

This is a win win for Barca!

oh and can't wait to see him shine, This team is getting so admirable just need to get rid of Cesc

Rosell is very good at leveraging in his negotiations, whether it's years left on contract, players preference, future friendlies, etc. Hell, if Leonardo wasn't the director at PSG we probably would've gotten a great deal on Thiago Silva last year.

I

instinct

Didn't Rosell said that we would buy 5 players while selling a few? Well if it's true, what I read about the transfer fee, we have to pay THIS summer, then we can look forward seeing adriano play as a cb in the CL..against Bayern...or in the League..against Madrid...:rosell:

JBJB

How did Alexis end up more expensive than him...? so much hype and he got sold for so cheap!!!!!

This is a win win for Barca!

Alexis was a proven player in Europe. This kid still has question marks outside of South America.

Still a win-win for Barca. At worse, you make a profit off of him. In the best case scenario, the sky is the limit.

Last edited:

MJ BarcaFan

I just want to welcome Neymar to our great Club :)

I think it's a win-win deal for both parties, 25M euros is an excellent investment for its risk/return profile. Besides, we outdid Real Madrid on this deal, as apparently, they also tabled a deal with Santos with as much as 150M euros offer. But obviously, Neymar just wishes to play with Barca :) :)

Does anyone know when is the official contract signing? I don't think Neymar can travel to Barcelona because of Confed Cup this June?

ollie44

At least he's more direct going forward. Not afraid to take someone on and open up a defence, instead of making progress to just pass backwards!

Lot of focus on defence now (and rightly so) but I wonder how much more will be invested into the attack ...

(Oh and Hi everyone - my first post)

Home of Barca Fans