Neymar Jr. - v5

behindbrowneyes

Don't see the point in comparing these two. They are both vital for our offensive play and that's it.

Let's not start another Messi - CR thing between our own players. :thumbdown:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Not his best game, but got his goal in the end. Some great dribbling too. Probably tired after the NT break.

impeh

Hi, its me..
100 - Neymar becomes the third Brazilian player to score 100 goals for Barcelona in all competitions (Rivaldo 130 and Evaristo 105). Samba

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Great dribbling, some erroneous passes/shots but still a fairly good game. Kinda turned off from from the start of the 2nd half to the 70th minute or so but once again, he gets that second wind and turns back on to finish the opposition off. Probably made his best dribbles and plays in the final 20 minutes of the game.

Total-Football

best player in the world and i have no doubt about that.. sometimes legacy is confused with performances.. that type of analogy is bailing cristiano ronaldo right now.. ronaldo would struggle entering my top 10 this season and im being generous here.

dakt

Not bad performance. Still very hard to score for him, but luckily we have Suarez for that and the best player in the world by far is coming back in the next game.

Neymessi

best player in the world and i have no doubt about that.. sometimes legacy is confused with performances.. that type of analogy is bailing cristiano ronaldo right now.. ronaldo would struggle entering my top 10 this season and im being generous here.

Thats because ronaldo has been this bad for a long time now. Neymar has only been this good for just 3 months. Yeah in these 3 months he has been probably the best but thats not enough to call him the 'current' best player.

Messi983

Thats because ronaldo has been this bad for a long time now. Neymar has only been this good for just 3 months. Yeah in these 3 months he has been probably the best but thats not enough to call him the 'current' best player.

Well, we are only 3 months into 2017 and based on what you said you wouldn't at least consider Neymar as the best player in 2017 so far? It's way to early to talk about Balon D'or 2017 and I really don't care about individual awards but if those awards would really be rewarded based on performances in calendar year it's hard to argue that Neymar should at least be considered as co-favourite with Messi to win it. But we all know in the end it will again be up to who will win the CL in a year without major NT competition so if RM defend their title Balon D'or is most likely in Ronaldo's hands again no matter how poor he's been so far in 2017 (and before that, but he already got Balon D'or for his great performances in first half of this season).

BBZ8800

And even in those 3 Months and slightly before that, his play looked like this:
2016: a crap. Couldn't score, couldn't pass, couldn't influence matches, couldn't control matches.
2017, January: still a crap in terms of passing, scoring. BUT he started to work hard and defend like crazy.
2017, February: still horrible in attack, but running like crazy in defense.
2017, March: suddenly more influental in attack. His passes finally make sense. He can finally dribble and do something after a dribble. His scoring is still horrible.
2017, April: Barcaforum pronounces him as the best player in the world.

Pure gold :crbust:

Even for people who are talking about legacy and current form, well even a current form:
January:
Messi: 6 goals, 1 assist
Naymar: 3 goals, - assists
Suarez: 6 goals, 1 assist

February:
Messi: 6 goals, - assists
Neymar: 1 goal, 1 assist
Suarez: 4 goals, 4 assists

March:
Messi: 6 goals, 3 assists
Neymar: 5 goals, 4 assists

Total:
Messi 2017: 20 matches, 18 goals, 4 assists=22 "points"
Suarez 2017: 20 matches, 16 goals, 6 assists=22 "points"
Neymar 2017: 18 matches, 9 goals, 5 assists=14 "points"

So:
1. if we look at the last 10 years: Messi (and Suarez) are better than Neymar
2. if we look at the last 5 years: Messi (and Suarez) are better than Neymar
3. if we look at the last 12 Months: Messi (and Suarez) are better than Neymar
4. if we look at the last 3 Months (2017'): Messi (and Suarez) are better than Neymar
5. if we look at the last 30 days: they are tied more or less

I guess that we will have a good old forum reasoning here:
1. if your favorite player is scoring and assisting like crazy currently=USE stats and numbers then as a key proof of his abilities
2. if your favorite player is scoring and assisting less than some other players, but you want to prove that he is the best=USE a good old: "Football is much more than stats"

Anyway, I am happy with Neymar's current performances.
I hope he'll continue this way.
But he played good for the last 30 days (since Psg's 2nd leg) and suddenly he is the best player in the world :shakeshead:
Ok, so in the current era even 1 Month of a good form is enough to be a best player in the world.

2017's forum logic :crbust:

Last edited:

Neymessi

^ There is so much wrong in this post I don't know where to begin but I will just say you have exxagerratted a lot and used a lot of irrational logic.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And even in those 3 Months and slightly before that, his play looked like this:
2016: a crap. Couldn't score, couldn't pass, couldn't influence matches, couldn't control matches.
2017, January: still a crap in terms of passing, scoring. BUT he started to work hard and defend like crazy.
2017, February: still horrible in attack, but running like crazy in defense.
2017, March: suddenly more influental in attack. His passes finally make sense. He can finally dribble and do something after a dribble. His scoring is still horrible.
2017, April: Barcaforum pronounces him as the best player in the world.

Pure gold :crbust:

Even for people who are talking about legacy and current form, well even a current form:
January:
Messi: 6 goals, 1 assist
Naymar: 3 goals, - assists

February:
Messi: 6 goals, - assists
Neymar: 1 goal, 1 assist
Suarez: 4 goals, 4 assists

March:
Messi: 6 goals, 3 assists
Neymar: 5 goals, 4 assists

Total:
Messi 2017: 20 matches, 18 goals, 4 assists=22 "points"
Suarez 2017: 20 matches, 16 goals, 6 assists=22 "points"
Neymar 2017: 18 matches, 9 goals, 5 assists=14 "points"

So:
1. if we look at the last 10 years: Messi (and Suarez) are better than Neymar
2. if we look at the last 5 years: Messi (and Suarez) are better than Neymar
3. if we look at the last 12 Months: Messi (and Suarez) are better than Neymar
4. if we look at the last 3 Months (2017'): Messi (and Suarez) are better than Neymar
5. if we look at the last 30 days: they are tied more or less

I guess that we will have a good old forum reasoning here:
1. if your favorite player is scoring and assisting like crazy currently=USE stats and numbers then as a key proof of his abilities
2. if your favorite player is scoring and assisting less than some other players, but you want to prove that he is the best=USE a good old: "Football is much more than stats"

Anyway, I am happy with Neymar's current performances.
I hope he'll continue this way.
But he played good for the last 30 days (since Psg's 2nd leg) and suddenly he is the best player in the world :shakeshead:
Ok, so in the current era even 1 Month of a good form is enough to be a best player in the world.

2017's forum logic :crbust:

+1

Truth be told, not that many people hail him as world's best
At least not reasonable ones.

Home of Barca Fans