Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcelona_Boy1

His ego was his downfall.. I don't know if it's true but hasn't Messi promised to help him win the Ballon D'or if he stayed? He did get more responsabilities in the last season so it's always a "what if". We know for sure that Messi is not selfish, he'll trust a quality player and give him more freedom with the ball aslong as he's not a bum(talking:braithwaite:levels) and that's completely understandable.
The guy is about money and party... Not about winning some Ballon D'or, or something like that. He went for the money, chilled, and he doesn't give a fuck about winning.

Horatio

You're welcome
The guy is about money and party... Not about winning some Ballon D'or, or something like that. He went for the money, chilled, and he doesn't give a fuck about winning.
I am starting to fear a trend amongst footballers though. An understanding that it's okay to skip out on winning ballon d'ors and just fill your pockets.

BJJ

I am starting to fear a trend amongst footballers though. An understanding that it's okay to skip out on winning ballon d'ors and just fill your pockets.
Welcome to today's player. Actually most are realising that it's just a job with no longevity. So they are chasing the big bucks.
Neymar stopped being a player when he left us. He might as well join a Saudi club though I doubt they'd appreciate his shenanigans.

Horatio

You're welcome
Welcome to today's player. Actually most are realising that it's just a job with no longevity. So they are chasing the big bucks.
Neymar stopped being a player when he left us. He might as well join a Saudi club though I doubt they'd appreciate his shenanigans.
Most are realizing that their peers prefer money over prestige. So no cognitive dissonance in place now if they opt to do so as well. Also maybe part FOMO in place.

Temptation

Well, it is. Ballon d Or's stock is at an all time low. Lesser people taking it seriously with each passing year. A political biased award with more lobbying than the Oscars.

iniestaGOAT

Well, it is. Ballon d Or's stock is at an all time low. Lesser people taking it seriously with each passing year. A political biased award with more lobbying than the Oscars.

If a tree trunk like haaland wins the balloondor it's prestige is gonna go down to the gutter

That man ain't a footballer

Temptation

If a tree trunk like haaland wins the balloondor it's prestige is gonna go down to the gutter

That man ain't a footballer

It already went down the gutter when a guy won it for disappearing in the only credible game of a 10 team "continental tournament" organised 4 times in the last 6 years just because of politics and lobbying connections.

TheStig

The Ballon d'or became relevant only because Cristiano's obsession with it and with the forced rivalry with Messi. Before and after this era it was/will be a marginal award. At least I hope so.

CatalinR10

PSG offered Neymar to Barcelona during discussions for the transfer of Ousmane Dembélé. 🇧🇷 The French club recommended a loan but Barça rejected it because Xavi does not want the player. ❌ (Source: @GoalEspana )

@Messigician

iniestaGOAT

I am going to have to go against my man, my legend, my manager, the seceond greatest midfielder after Iniesta, XAVI HERNANDEZ on this one.

Bring this man home. ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans