Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Here's the problem: Neymar has only ever played in Brazil. Whenever he has faced a European defence, he has categorically failed on every level. Now you guys want to sign him to add goals for next season? Best case scenario, he takes one or two years before becoming world class, but those might be two very lean years where lack of penetration costs Barca silverware. Are you ready for two years of transition? It took Ronaldinho a stint at PSG before he was good enough for Barca.

If you want guarantees of goals, go for a proven champions league caliber (and also very young) striker like Lewandowski. He's probably one of the last few young and proven European strikers still available, as the likes of Muller/Balotelli/etc are at clubs they support and won't leave anytime soon. Neymar is going to be a gamble, and past evidence shows that he will need a lot of time to get used to European defences.

lol you should talk to Santista from Bigsoccer, the massive argument would be hilarious. this fool actually thinks that Neymar is in a top league better than La liga or Series A

Kerrybai

I'm looking forward to seeing Neymar at the club, anything is better than our Pedro and Sanchez, I would love to see him adapt his game to play on our right side.

F

Flavia

Here's the problem: Neymar has only ever played in Brazil. Whenever he has faced a European defence, he has categorically failed on every level. Now you guys want to sign him to add goals for next season? Best case scenario, he takes one or two years before becoming world class, but those might be two very lean years where lack of penetration costs Barca silverware. Are you ready for two years of transition? It took Ronaldinho a stint at PSG before he was good enough for Barca.

If you want guarantees of goals, go for a proven champions league caliber (and also very young) striker like Lewandowski. He's probably one of the last few young and proven European strikers still available, as the likes of Muller/Balotelli/etc are at clubs they support and won't leave anytime soon. Neymar is going to be a gamble, and past evidence shows that he will need a lot of time to get used to European defences.

Sandro is adamant on bringing him. Nike partne$hip stuff. And honestly, I think he'll be an improvement over alexis and pedro. But another forward is also needed, someone like Lewa.

mixer

Whenever he has faced a European defence, he has categorically failed on every level.
Nope. He had some good games... And when he doesn't perform good against the likes of Germany/Italy/Spain it's not because he is not Barca material or sth but the team plays bad overall. Brazil isn't one of the most experienced teams, because lots of youngsters play there.

He's not proven enough, but I think it is time for him. We will never know if he doesn't come. We can't say: "Oh no! Dont buy him. He's too young and unexperienced. He will be a flop"... You never know.

oz187

Neymar has the perfect playing style to play for this Barca team. The key thing is he has the ability to beat players, and he also has an eye for goal. With so many defenders drawn to Messi he could have an absolute field day. If he does live up to his potential he would also help Barca defensively since the opposition would have to play more conservatively against him.

fcbdna

Banned
Nope. He had some good games... And when he doesn't perform good against the likes of Germany/Italy/Spain it's not because he is not Barca material or sth but the team plays bad overall. Brazil isn't one of the most experienced teams, because lots of youngsters play there.

He's not proven enough, but I think it is time for him. We will never know if he doesn't come. We can't say: "Oh no! Dont buy him. He's too young and unexperienced. He will be a flop"... You never know.

Well good job I was just about to post the same thing. People are quick to make these claims I don't even get. Must he score a bag full of goals to prove he had a good game? Compared to Cesc, Pedro, Villa and Sanchez at the moment he look like a genius on the pitch.

F

Flavia

No one judge him only with NT matches.

....btw Messi at 18 won the U20 World Cup (best player + top scorer), with 20 reached the final Copa America (best Young Player of the Tournament) and at 21 Olympics Gold.:cool:

Not true. A lot of people used the NT argument to say Messi was nothing without xavi and iniesta.

spring

No one judge him only with NT matches.

....btw Messi at 18 won the U20 World Cup (best player + top scorer), with 20 reached the final Copa America (best Young Player of the Tournament) and at 21 Olympics Gold.:cool:

O.K! so this is your reason!
just look at this:
neymar:
90703232073817359128.jpg

32120243818530764245.jpg

MagIX

you can see his national achievements there, too!

Exactly: nothing compared to Messi.

But this is not the point, but this is not what i wanted to say.
The meaning was really easy: Messi at very young age has achieved excellent results with the NT (many do not even know that). Only this i wanted to say. There is no need to get upset so much.

We have other priority than Neymar. For 10mio i would say oh yes please. But for 40mio absolutley not!!

Robbie

There's a massive difference between Brazilian league and La Liga. He will need at least a year to adjust, and maybe more if he gets abuse for bad performances from the media. Barca needs someone who can make an impact now, not a prospect.

LeoMessi10

I thought he looked great this game.. obviously he could have passed when he dribbled a couple times and vice versa but we obviously can see much easier from home than they can. He looked like a threat everytime he got the ball and honestly you can't say that about Pedro or Sanchez at the moment it's almost a given they arent gonna break through the D but just pass back into the midfield after a couple step overs.

fcbdna

Banned
There's a massive difference between Brazilian league and La Liga. He will need at least a year to adjust, and maybe more if he gets abuse for bad performances from the media. Barca needs someone who can make an impact now, not a prospect.

You can't actually tell the temperature of the water till you test it with your toes. Your post is based on assumptions.

Last edited:

SoMa

Lucas seemed to do pretty well going from Brazil to Europe in December, and playing vs us in the CL quarter finals in April. Don't underestimate South American football like you all like doing so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans