Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauss

Lucas seemed to do pretty well going from Brazil to Europe in December, and playing vs us in the CL quarter finals in April. Don't underestimate South American football like you all like doing so much.
Lucas is a different player. I don't think that many people had doubts about him.

ammarfcb

ze special one
i wouldn't say lucas has made it. half a season of speed baby-ing in league 1 isn't makin it. don't even get me started on his crazy price

B

Bob88

Nope. He had some good games... And when he doesn't perform good against the likes of Germany/Italy/Spain it's not because he is not Barca material or sth but the team plays bad overall. Brazil isn't one of the most experienced teams, because lots of youngsters play there.

He's not proven enough, but I think it is time for him. We will never know if he doesn't come. We can't say: "Oh no! Dont buy him. He's too young and unexperienced. He will be a flop"... You never know.

The only problem is that this is a real life and not a Football manager where you can save and load things

You buy Neymar, see that he didn't suit your style and you load the game backwards for a few weeks and then you buy someone else
You tried, it didn't worked, you loaded the game and didn't lose nor a penny

Here, it is "slightly" harder

40m is a too huge gamble for someone who hasn't impressed yet against any decent (European) opponent
I know, I know, guys will say again: But you have to try or you will never know

This is business
You have to do the maths before buying a player and be aware of all risks

What if, just what if ih turns out to be a new Zlatan or Fabregas
Good players, who don't fit to our style and whom we buy for 40-50M and sell for 15-20M 1-2 seasons later

We don't have finances like Man. city or Chelsea to splash 500M on 5-6 players and see who will develop good and who won't

He will probably be (slightly) better than Pedro or Alexis, but is it worth 40 Millions?
At the end of the day, even Tello or Deulofeu are probably better than Pedro or Alexis, and yet they cost zero Millions

So, he is a huge gamble
Nobody knows how he will cope with european defenders
There are higher chances that he will be a flop than that he will be a success
Plus, we have some youngsters on that position who cost zero millions and whose development will suffer because of this risky purchase

So, this is extremely risky business with very high chances to be a disaster

LeoMessi10

Who isn't a huge " gamble" in our style? Ibrahimovic was proven more than Lewandowski and he didn't fit in. Just because they have succeeded in Europe doesn't mean that they're guaranteed to fit our style of play anyways there are plenty of players that didn't fit a team and had to leave. Recent examples being Wesley Sneijder, Robben, Van der Vaart, and others at Real Madrid. Obviously we don't cycle players nearly as much as them so I don't have as many high profile examples but you get the point. You can see evidence in this video he's skilled at the quick one two passes which is what we thrive on and although hes pretty small and twiggy he is fast enough to burn defenders in any league. I say before we act like we can see the future. Give him a chance to impress us when he does come before writing him off

fcbdna

Banned
Who isn't a huge " gamble" in our style? Ibrahimovic was proven more than Lewandowski and he didn't fit in. Just because they have succeeded in Europe doesn't mean that they're guaranteed to fit our style of play anyways there are plenty of players that didn't fit a team and had to leave. Recent examples being Wesley Sneijder, Robben, Van der Vaart, and others at Real Madrid. Obviously we don't cycle players nearly as much as them so I don't have as many high profile examples but you get the point. You can see evidence in this video he's skilled at the quick one two passes which is what we thrive on and although hes pretty small and twiggy he is fast enough to burn defenders in any league. I say before we act like we can see the future. Give him a chance to impress us when he does come before writing him off

Well I think you have said it all. . . Nothing more to say.

B

Bob88

Sanchez was worth ~30M. Nothing worse can't happen IMO

Sanchez 30m and Fabregas 35m

Look where we are now, 2 Seasons later

40m for Neymar? No problem

But you don't need a magic ball to tell you where we will be in 2 Seasons

JamDav1982

Neymar is going to be absolute class for Barcelona and will bring many things to the attack that are currently lacking at the moment.

B

Bob88

He doesn't score? Not many people score 20 goals in 32 international matches especially not 21 year olds.

But look at the structure of his Goals for National team (Brasil)
-- his Goals scored:
-- 2013:
1. Brasil:Chile 2:2 (1 Goal)
2. Bolivia:Brasil 0:4 (2 Goals)
-- 2012:
3. Brasil:Colombia 1:1 (1 Goal)
4. Japan:Brasil 0:4 (2 Goals)
5. Brasil:Iraq 6:0 (1 Goal)
6. Brasil:Argentina 2:1 (1 Goal)
7. Brasil:China Pr 8:0 (3 Goals)
8. Usa:Brasil 1:4 (1 Goal)
-- 2011:
9. Costarica:Brasil 0:1 (1 Goal)
10. Brasil:Argentina 2:0 (1 Goal)
11. Germany:Brasil 3:2 (1 Goal, 2011')
12. Brasil:Ecuador 4:2 (2 Goals)
13. Brasil:Scotland 2:0 (2 Goals, 2011')

-- matches where he hasn't scored:
-- 2013:
1. Brasil:Russia 1:1
2. Italy:Brasil 2:2
3. England:Brasil 2:1
-- 2012:
4. Argentina:Brasil 2:1
5. Brasil:South Africa 1:0
6. Sweden:Brasil 0:3
7. Argentina:Brasil 4:3
8. Brasil:Mexico 0:2
9. Bosnia and Herzegovina:Brasil 1:2
-- 2011:
10. Mexico:Brasil 1:2
11. Argentina:Brasil 0:0
12: Brasil:Ghana 1:0
13. Brasil:paraguay 0:0
14. Brasil:paraguay 2:2
15. Brasil:Venezuela 0:0
16. Brasil:Romania 1:0
17. Brasil:Netherlands 0:0

-- so, let's just look at the statistics to see how he played against european teams:
-- he scored against:
1. Germany:Brasil 3:2 (1 Goal, 2012')
2. Brasil:Scotland 2:0 (2 Goals, 2011')

-- he hasn't scored against:
4. Sweden:Brasil 0:3
5. Bosnia:Brasil 1:2
6. Brasil:Romania 1:0
7. Brasil:Netherlands 0:0

I will sound like a huge hater, but I am just not impressed with his tricks in "funky" Brasilian league and a lack of Goals against European teams

SoMa

But look at the structure of his Goals for National team (Brasil)
-- his Goals scored:
-- 2013:
1. Brasil:Chile 2:2 (1 Goal)
2. Bolivia:Brasil 0:4 (2 Goals)
-- 2012:
3. Brasil:Colombia 1:1 (1 Goal)
4. Japan:Brasil 0:4 (2 Goals)
5. Brasil:Iraq 6:0 (1 Goal)
6. Brasil:Argentina 2:1 (1 Goal)
7. Brasil:China Pr 8:0 (3 Goals)
8. Usa:Brasil 1:4 (1 Goal)
-- 2011:
9. Costarica:Brasil 0:1 (1 Goal)
10. Brasil:Argentina 2:0 (1 Goal)
11. Germany:Brasil 3:2 (1 Goal, 2011')
12. Brasil:Ecuador 4:2 (2 Goals)
13. Brasil:Scotland 2:0 (2 Goals, 2011')

-- matches where he hasn't scored:
-- 2013:
-- 2012:
4. Argentina:Brasil 2:1
5. Brasil:South Africa 1:0
6. Sweden:Brasil 0:3
7. Argentina:Brasil 4:3
8. Brasil:Mexico 0:2
9. Bosnia and Herzegovina:Brasil 1:2
-- 2011:
10. Mexico:Brasil 1:2
11. Argentina:Brasil 0:0
12: Brasil:Ghana 1:0
13. Brasil:paraguay 0:0
14. Brasil:paraguay 2:2
15. Brasil:Venezuela 0:0
16. Brasil:Romania 1:0
17. Brasil:Netherlands 0:0

-- so, let's just look at the statistics to see how he played against european teams:
-- he scored against:
1. Germany:Brasil 3:2 (1 Goal, 2012')
2. Brasil:Scotland 2:0 (2 Goals, 2011')

-- he hasn't scored against:
4. Sweden:Brasil 0:3
5. Bosnia:Brasil 1:2
6. Brasil:Romania 1:0
7. Brasil:Netherlands 0:0

I will sound like a huge hater, but I am just not impressed with his tricks in "funky" Brasilian league and a lack of Goals against European teams

It's like reading the same people who complained about Messi with Argentina all over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans